Recruitment for Senior Account Officer at Rural Homes Limited
Rural Homes Limited is an incorporated property development firm specialized in private, public and commercial projects. We are particularly focused on property improvements and development of private residences, housing estates, commercial structures and infrastructure. With Over 20 years of experience in the real estate sector, Rural Homes Limited has an immense reserve of experience and resources, affording it the financial, technical and administrative ability needed to effectively plan, develop and manage landed properties.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Account Officer
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reporting Line: Reports to Head of Department
Working Hours: 8:30am – 5:00pm
- We are looking for an Accountant who would be charged with the responsibility of accounting and financial reporting including general ledger, trial balance, payables, payroll,budgeting reporting, financial statement and report preparation on a regular basis.
- Assist in preparing, examining, and analyzing accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Assist in computing taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Assist in computing and Remiting Statutory deductions such as Pension and NHF in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Analyze the company’s business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Develop, monitor, and analyze budgets.
- Posting and reconciliation of transactions on the company’s accounting software.
- Prepare forms and manuals required for accounting and bookkeeping activities.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain creative solutions to business and financial problems.
- Carrying out internal auditing and control functions.
- Advise employees and management in areas such as compensations, employee health care benefits, and other payroll emoluments.
- Investigate irregularities in financial transactions and prepare reports summarizing the findings.
- Appraise, evaluate, and take inventory of company assets while maintaining an asset register.
- Analyze, Reconcile and Post Petty cash and Fuel imprest.
- Monthly physical stock take and reconciliation.
- Cash management.
- Compilation and submission of weekly sales report.
- Confirmation of customer deposits and Issuance of receipts.
- Setting up and updating customer’s payments records.
- Management, Preparation and payment of monthly payroll.
- Management of Loan process& other financial management functions.
- And perform any other responsibilitythat may be assigned by the Head, Finance & Accounts.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Must reside in Abuja.
- Minimum of a first degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- Professional accounting qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA is an added advantage.
- MBA or Masters in Accounting, Finance or a related field is an added advantage.
- 3-5 years post NYSC experience in relevant accounting role.
- Experience using practical and hands on accounting software. Experience with SAGE is an added advantage.
- Highly organised and result oriented.
- A team player with leadership abilities.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
Application Closing Date
Monday 17th February, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Candidates should upload their CV and Cover letter in one Microsoft word document.
EEO Statement: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees. Women are strongly encouraged to apply to this position.