Work at Georgetown Global Health Nigeria (GGHN)
The Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) serves countries to improve their population health and wellbeing and to safeguard against health-related threats by advancing the use of evidence and human-centered enterprise architecture on the path towards achieving equity and social justice. To achieve this mission, we catalyze the uptake, spread, and implementation of innovations; triangulate data from different sources, and tailor visualization of the information for each audience; design and implement integrated service delivery models; support communities of practice to inform policy and practice through efficient data use and horizontal and vertical collaboration; disseminate best practices and evidence globally through open source learning networks; build global, collaborative, multi-disciplinary, and interprofessional networks; undertake research that is informed by local needs; and invest in local leadership to own, provide oversight, and sustain implemented interventions.
CGHPI is operating in Nigeria as Georgetown Global Health Nigeria (GGHN) and seeking to recruit candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Public Health Advisor and Team Lead, Statistics and Data Analytics
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports to: Regional Director
- The Public Health Advisor will serve as team lead for Statistics and Data analytics, to coordinate the design and analysis of various quantitative and qualitative projects.
- Develop guidelines for how data should be collected
- Determination of sample size requirements for studies.
- Determine project plans, timelines, or technical objectives for statistical aspects of biological research studies
- Write program code to analyze data using statistical analysis software
- Prepare statistical data for inclusion in reports to data monitoring committee’sfederal regulatory agencies, managers, or clients.
- Prepare articles for publication or presentation at professional conferences.
- Write detailed analysis plans and descriptions of analyses and findings for research protocols or reports.
- Prepare tables and graphs to present clinical data or results.
- Draw conclusions or make predictions based on data summaries or statistical analyses.
- Design surveys to assess health issues.
- Develop or implement data analysis algorithms.
- Collect data through surveys or experimentation.
- Develop or use mathematical models to track changes in biological phenomena such as the spread of infectious diseases.
- Review clinical or other medical research protocols and recommend appropriate statistical analyses.
- Analyze clinical or survey data using statistical approaches such as longitudinal analysis, mixed effect modelling, logistic regression analyses, and model building techniques
Requirements and Qualifications
- Candidate must be an expert user in at least 2 quantitative, 1 qualitative and 1 data analytics package
- Identifies and understands complex problems and concepts, applies logical thinking and quantitative methods to gathering and analyzing information, makes evidence-based decisions, and formulates and documents clearly articulated potential solutions and action plans
- Must have strong written and oral communications skills
- Should be able to work with other team members, flexibility, decisiveness and personal integrity.
- A Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, or related scientific field is required. A PHD is an advantage
- Minimum 5 years working experience doing data analysis.