Auto Mechcanic at Auto Quadrant Limited
Auto Quadrant Limited offers auto body modification, custom paint jobs, genuine/synthetic leather upholstery, in-car entertainment systems (ICE) and nice wheels. At Auto Quadrant Limited, we utilizes the latest electronic diagnostic tools and work in a fully equipped workshop and service center. Auto Quadrant Limited has evolved from being a pioneer in auto body modification, and general automobile services to an innovator in modern automotive and industrial engineering in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Auto Mechcanic
Reports To: Workshop Manager
- Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
- Inspecting vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
- Conducting routine maintenance work aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspecting vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately.
- Inspecting vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade.
- Conducting routine maintenance work to ensure vehicle functionality and longevity.
- Oversee maintenance inspections,
- Responsible for troubleshooting issues and fixing them aiming to maximum reliability and functionality.
- Well-versed in complex mechanical or electronical systems of vehicles and have excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Assemble mechanical components and perform repairs.
- Schedule future maintenance sessions and advise motorists on good vehicle use.
- Maintain work logs, repairs, and maintenance records.
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues.
- Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job.
- Perform vehicle assessments and alert workshop manager on issues that will prohibit client’s vehicles from passing inspection.
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition.
- Quality control analysis; conducting tests and inspection of products, services/processes to evaluate quality and performance.
- Identify skill gaps for training to tackle current and future problem solving.
- Regular industry research to stay current with vehicle manufacturers updates and new repair tools/products and techniques for current and future problem-solving and decision making.
- High School Diploma / B.Sc / HND in relevant discipline or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 10 years experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of English language (written and oral).
- Knowledge of Microsoft word/excel & power point.
- Certification from a reputable technical school/training and (or) degree from a reputable tertiary institution.
- In-depth knowledge of vehicle diagnostic equipment and mechanical systems with an aptitude for problem-solving.
- Demonstrate innovative ideas in problem solving.
- Strategic planning / resource allocation and coordination of people and processes efficiently.
- The ability to pay attention to detail.
- A commitment to excellence
- A positive attitude.
- Strong intrapersonal skills.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to work with under pressure and deliver to agreed timeline.