Consumer Planning Manager at Guinness Nigeria Plc
Guinness Nigeria PLC is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consumer Planning Manager
Ref Id: JR1032707
Location: Ikeja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
Worker Type: Regular
- Management and Accountability for implementation of Consumer Planning Budget.
- Work across all Nigeria to drive insights that will unlock growth, drive profitability and deliver market share for Guinness Nigeria Beer & Adult Premium non-alcoholic drink brands.
- Living the Values –insatiable appetite for consumers, customers and brands.
- Deeply Curious about consumers, shoppers, our brands and markets
- Externally attentive, a ‘finger on the pulse’
- Immersed in culture and obsessive about harnessing it
- Industry thought leader and agitator
- Bold enough to lead the business to the right choices
- Innovative and creative but also rigorous in thinking – a combination of art and science
- Objectivity, an honest broker
- Truly collaborative, a key player in the team
- Positively challenge others with a strong bias for action
- Ensures consumer and market knowledge is distilled into clear, actionable implications
- Identifies and manages research agency partners who add value through interpretation and recommendation
- Inspires and influences others to be passionate about consumers and market
- Effectively facilitates workshops to unlock creative solutions to market and consumer issues.
Purpose of Role
To champion & drive world class understanding of consumer attitudes, motivations and trends that can be leveraged to grow our brands:
- To be the custodian of consumer insights
- To build an understanding of the consumer which is based on issues & opportunities, rigorous & grounded, compelling / easy to understand and proactive & timely
- To ensure that brand strategy & communication is founded upon a deep understanding of the consumer
- To deliver measurement and evaluation for key advertising and promotional projects.
Proactively defines & communicates opportunities for growth for the market, categories and brands and articulates what it will take to realise these opportunities:
- Externally attentive to culture, trends and market place dynamics, to detect the factors that could positively or negatively impact growth.
- Support development & implementation of brand strategy and communication through facilitating a deep understanding of the consumers.
Seeks out deep consumer / shopper / category insight and implications that will drive penetration growth:
- Transform research outputs into simple, actionable implications
- Fuels the business with consumer/ shopper led provocations and understanding to instigate change
Synthesizes data and understanding from multiple sources -quantitative and qualitative and joins the dots in a meaningful, actionable way:
- Ensure that consumer knowledge is clearly reported and interpreted within the framework of brand related issues (Brand Tracking Study)
- Lead regular brand activity reviews, keeping the brand teams informed and updated
- Custodian of brand building thinking
Ensures learnings from measurement & evaluation are applied to increase productivity of our advertising and promotion (A&P) spend:
- Ruthlessly prioritises and focuses on tasks that add maximum value to Diageo, stops or delegates everything else.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- University degree in Marketing / Business or other related discipline preferred though not essential. Postgraduate Qualifications are an advantage.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience either within an FMCG organisation with a planning, brand & consumer focus or a research agency background.
- Experience in both quantitative and qualitative research techniques
- Experience of the Beverage industry is advantageous however not essential
- Proven and strong Brand and Trade marketing experience
- Experienced level capability on all Marketing Functional capabilities
- Can demonstrate excellent commercial judgement & acumen
- Experienced at managing key stakeholders nationally & internationally.