Graduate Trainee Recruitment at The Place
The Place is a trademark of Smackers Limited, a company set up in 2003 to explore opportunities in the Food sector in Nigeria. Over time, the company has expanded it operations to include Nightclubbing, Hospitality, Farming and currently operates out of Six locations: Isaac John GRA, Adeola Odeku Victoria Island, Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase one, Alausa Ikeja, Maryland Mall and Circle Mall in Lekki. The company’s plan is to aggressively grow organically by establishing other outlets firstly focused on Lagos State (particularly the Island section of Lagos State) and other favourable locations such as Abuja and Port Harcourt.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Graduate Trainee
Locations: Lagos and Abuja
Gains knowledge and experience required for promotion to management positions under direction of experienced personnel by performing the following duties:
- Receives training and performs duties in several departments such as Finance, Learning and Training, Compliance, Operations, Equipment research, Product development and General Human Resource.
- Learns line and staff functions, operations, management viewpoints and company policies and practices that affect each phase of business.
- Ensure that Health & Safety and Food safety working practices are adhered to at all times.
- Monitors performance progress with management and key trainers.
- Observes experienced staff to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties.
- Receives training in functions and operations of related departments to facilitate subsequent transfer-ability between departments and to provide greater promotional opportunities.
- Review existing production processes and identify gaps for improvement.
- Research on ideal equipment and processes based on best practice industry standards.
- Facilitate purchase of recommended equipment from local and foreign vendors.
- Monitor and drive implementation of agreed standards across all locations.
- Document operational standards/manuals.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with equipment vendors for quick after sales support and solutions.
- Analyze new trends in food processing industry and propose improvement solutions to address existing and future kitchen.
- While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the position, management reserves the right to add or remove duties when circumstances dictate.
- Graduates of all discipline including hotel management or related courses from reputable universities or polytechnics can apply.
- Minimum grade qualification of second class or upper credit. Graduating students awaiting NYSC can apply.
- Preferred candidates must have passion to pursue a career in the hospitality sector.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and presentation skills.
- Position requires proficiency in Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Age limit: preferred candidates should not be older than 25 years as at 31 / 12 / 2020.