Head, Research & Product Development at Media Trust Limited
Media Trust Limited is the publisher of Daily Trust and other newspaper titles. They are also into commercial printing as well as Brand Marketing Research for the purpose of identifying new opportunities for business values. Each market research report delivers insight across a wide range of crucial factors such as market size, growth drivers, competitive landscape, trends, and forecasts.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Research & Product Development
Job Type: Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities
- The responsibilities of the Research & Product Development are inclusive of product vision, product strategy, product design, product development, and product marketing.
- The responsibility is to build great products that avail sustainable value in terms of revenue and profits for the business.
- Responsible for new product development and continuous quality improvement.
- Conduct research into new businesses and evaluate their potentials.
- Conduct regular research into readers’ opinions and bridge the knowledge gap between readers and the titles.
- Facilitate effective exchange of information with the Business, Production, I.T, and other departments within the organization.
- Stays aware of market development in the industry and the general economy as a whole.
- Advises company clients, including direct involvement in product presentations to clients and other stakeholders.
- Proactively suggest process optimization and develop other products for the company.
- Propose improvements to company Quality Control System at all times.
- Co-ordinates the functions of product design, product maintenance, and product improvement, ensuring that the product resonates with the consumers/clients and therefore, boosting the product appeal to the consumers/client and in turn increasing the consumer base and sales volume.
- Establishing the methodologies and procedures for conducting research, design conceptualization, prototyping, and product development across the entire business department (Advert, Copy Sales, Distribution and Editorial departments.)
- Conducting researches and analyses that lead to informed decision making on issues such as cost, utility, and timelines.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of a B.Sc or HND in Social or Management Sciences, MBA with specialisation in Marketing, Economics or Business Administration will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 7 years practical experience with at least 3 years’ cognate experience in product management
- At least membership of one professional body such as the National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria, Advertising Practitioners’ Council of Nigeria or others;
- Proven working experience as Product Manager/Researcher.
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
Skills and Competencies:
- Good planning and organisational skills;
- Has good understanding of the following areas: Territory Management, Competitive Analysis, Sales Planning, Understanding the Customer, Product Development and Client relationships;
- Able to create sales markets through a wide variety of channels, specifically business to consumer
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to develop and prepare business analyses and plans.
- Computer literate and knowledgeable about Microsoft Office Suite;