Konga Nigeria Recent Employment Opportunity
Konga is a leading player in the Nigerian ecommerce space, with over a thousand (1000) employees across the country, over 30 offline retail stores and many growing business subsidiaries such as KongaPay, Konga Travels and Tours, Konga Express etc.
We are currently looking for a talented person with a passion for the ecommerce space to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Executive
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Senior Officer Level
Reports to: Head, Internal Audit
- Responsible for revenue and Inventory assurances across retail stores, review of Logistics invoices and ensuring compliances to laid down and established processes by the organization in order to ensure that the assets of the organization is secured and safeguarded.
Revenue Assurance functions:
- Confirming Retail store sales as contained on daily sales reports prepared by retail stores
- Confirming sales transactions to bank lodgment and POS settlement to bank
- Calculating retail statements on D365 to enable Accounts to post retail store sales invoices on D365
- Ensuring that Retail stores prepare and submit all necessary revenue-related reports as and when due to ease and assist audit reviews.
- Ensuring that credit sales are approved by relevant authorities and trade receivables across stores are timely and accurately reported and paid as and when due.
- Coordinating of retail statement calculation and postings of same on D365
- Investigating failed statements and proffering solutions and course actions and also escalate to ERPSupport team if failure is due to technical issues.
- Guiding Retail Store Leads to prepare their monthly P & L reports.
Inventory Assurance functions:
- Confirming inventory movements in retail stores to sales and inventory movement reports and confirming same to D365
- Analyze stock position reports from the stores and ensure that movements are substantiated to the appropriate records.
- Ensuring that stock items transferred by warehouse and other retail stores to the requesting store(s) are properly approved.
- Ensuring the correctness of all transferred inventory items physically and on D365.
- Verify all stock items recalled from stores and end ensure that TOs raised for transferred are dully approved and properly received by receiving warehouse or store.
- Carrying out unannounced spot checks across retail store under my control and participating in monthly stock count exercise and preparation of consolidated inventory valuation across stores under my control.”
Compliance tests and review functions:
- Review retail store processes for compliance to established operating procedures
- Escalating noncompliance to established procedures through exception reports from time to time
- Supporting Head, Audit to ensure overall compliance to procedures across retail stores.
Review of Logistics invoices and Bills:
- Reviewing of K-express invoices for deliveries made across offline channels and recommend same for payment as appropriate.
- Reviewing of 3rd party’s logistics invoices and recommending same for payment as appropriate.”
- Carrying out investigations from time to time as may be required
- Any other activity assigned by the Manager.
Professional Skills & Qualifications Required
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Good listening skills
- Good documentation skill
- Paying attention to details
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical and communication skills.
- Good conflict resolution skills
- Good reporting and presentation skills
- Knowledge about financial software
- Written communication
- Proper follow-ups on transactions until they are closed out
- Accurate Information
- Good problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task
- Efficient use of Peach Tree, QuickBooks and Simplified Accounting Package (SAP)
- Beginner knowledge in Power BI
- E-View Econometrics statistical software
- Experience in resolving issues in Stores under my purview
- BSc (Hons) Economics, Accounts or related discipline with 2nd Class Upper
- Member, Nigerian Institute of Management(MNIM)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigerian (Skills Level)
Why work with Konga?
- A unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced, structured and technologically driven environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team growing the e-commerce space in Nigeria
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our fast-growing businesses.