Latest Job Vacancy at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant III – Development of 2019-2024 NHMIS Strategic Plan
Job ID: 13-10951
Group / Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept / Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project / Program: A607 – Nigeria Global Fund RSSH
Reports To: HMIS Director, RSSH Project
- The key objective for the short-term technical assistance is to develop 2019-2024 NHMIS Strategic plan.
- Review the NSHDP II document, HIS Policy, other existing NHMIS documents (including the HMIS tools), discuss with identified stakeholders (using a guide – either KIIs, FGDs, etc) with a view to identifying achievements and gaps in the 2014- 2018 NHMIS strategic plan.
- Document the gaps in the existing NHMIS strategic plan
- Review existing laws and legislations regulating Health information systems in Nigeria.
- Facilitate workshops during the process. System to identify the gaps and offer suggestions in developing an updated version
- Develop a first draft of the 2020-2025 NHMIS Strategic plan using materials from the documented gaps identified by the consultant and those identified by the stakeholders in the initial workshop
- Finalize the 2020 – 2025 NHMIS strategic plan with costing document.
- Submit final 2020 – 2025 NHMIS strategic plan with costing document to FMOH
- Write and submit a final report to RSSH
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum qualification of a Master’s degree or equivalent, in Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Information Systems Management or related field. Advanced degree in Health Informatics is an added advantage.
- Experience conducting evaluations of national and international social and political change processes, particularly advocacy and campaigning
- Knowledge of evaluation and data collection methods
- Very strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills