One Acre Fund is Recruiting
One Acre, founded in 2006, fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Office of the CEO
Team: Internal Consulting
Duration: Full-time job
Location Type: Various location types
Career Level: Professionals
Open to: National applicants only
Language: English required.
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
- We are seeking an exceptional professional to reflect the voice of and to execute on behalf of the Executive Director.
- Job Location – Kigali, Rwanda preferred; other East Africa capital cities possible for candidates with existing passport / work authorization in that location
- We are looking for someone to reflect the voice of and to execute on behalf of the Executive Director. As One Acre Fund grows, our Executive Director is focused on an increasingly diverse set of priorities, from communicating with external partners to marshaling resources for new internal projects. You would work very closely with him on those priorities to help move forward One Acre Fund’s overall strategy. The role has three main parts:
- Executive-level, strategic communications: We believe well-crafted communication of our strategy is essential to One Acre Fund’s success. You will reflect the voice of our Executive Director in communications with the most important influencers in the sector and internal audiences. Examples include:
- Set the vision and create the content for monthly Town Halls, the organization’s forum for keeping staff up to date and aware of the organization’s strategic direction.
- Draft an annual strategy letter to set vision and guidance for internal staff.
- One-off, fast analyses and tasks: These are analyses and tasks of one week or shorter duration, typically exploring a new strategic direction. For example:
- Write a memo summarizing the market opportunities for sorghum and millet in East Africa.
- Recommend a methodology for projecting the average household size of smallholder farmer families in 2030.
- One Acre Fund-wide initiatives: As we become more complex, there are an increasing number of projects that do not fall cleanly into an existing department. You will move forward essential projects across multiple departments. For example:
- Build an organization-wide initiative to increase the number of job candidates referred by our staff – to satisfy the hiring needs of a fast-growing organization.
Currently, we are planning for the Office of the CEO to include 1-2 jnr analyst/analysts, 1-2 managers, and a director. We are excited about the possibility for this expansion to support professional development opportunities, team support, and an ability to specialize.
- We are looking for candidates who have recently graduated with a Bachelor’s degree. This is a career-track role, with a two-year minimum.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Exceptional written communicator. You can engage a range of audiences, including internal staff, external partners, and organizational leadership.
- Research ability. You have experience conducting powerful secondary research.
- Logical thinking. You approach problems in a structured way.
- Professional / technical skills, including high proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Leadership experiences.
- Humility. We are looking for leaders who bring good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
- Commensurate with experience:
- Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
- We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. Jnr Analysts and Analysts will report to Managers in the Office of the CEO, with frequent interaction with the CEO.
Sponsor International Candidates:
- Yes, for Kigali Rwanda. Must have existing rights to work in Kenya to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.