Work at Medecins Sans Frotieres
Medecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontières and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Personnel Development Manager (Learning and Development)
Location: MSF OCA, Abuja Office
- Responsible to define, develop and enforce the learning and development strategy of the mission by developing activities and tools while respecting the standards established by the Learning and Development Department at HQ in order to ensure the HR capacity required, assessing and improving staff capabilities, contribution and active participation in order to achieve mission goals effectively.
- Define, promote and enforce a mission-specific learning and development strategy in order to respond to the needs identified among the staff, prioritizing those needed to ensure the Operational objectives
- Define, promote and enforce the learning and development activities and tools within the mission.
- Define, promote and enforce the induction and onboarding guideline for all new staff within the mission
- Advise coordinators/supervisors/activity managers on potential career paths and development plan for specific employees.
- Create and enforce a mission-specific training policy according to the L&D guidelines
- Providing expertise upon request to line managers concerning the assessment of training needs within the teams they supervise.
- Supporting and developing training for Coordinators/supervisors/activity managers and national staff.
- Develop the implementation process of the learning needs assessments logic within the mission
- Monitor the application of learning within the mission while developing tools and monitoring system to enhance the process
- Look for synergy/exchanges with other MSF sections and other NGOs in terms of learning activities and other development tools
- Collaborate with the HRCo in building/updating the L&D annual plan and budget
- Higher education in Leadership and Management, or HR-related fields.
- Master’s degree highly desirable.
- Working experience of at least two years in the Learning and Development sector.
- Training senior staff on leadership or management courses or as a general national staff training and development professional.
- Experience in leading L & D activities highly desirable.
- Desirable previous experience in MSF or other NGO in developing countries.
- Essential mission working language.
- Desirable local language(s).
- People Management. Commitment. Flexibility. Results. Teamwork.
Application Closing Date
14th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letter, latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) and photocopies of all necessary credentials with telephone contact details (daytime) in an envelope (specify on the envelope – “Application for the position of Personnel Development Manager (Learning and Development”) to the address below:
Deputy Human Resource Coordinator,
No. 11, First Avenue, Gwarinpa,
by email to: Nigeriafirstname.lastname@example.org Put “PDM-LD Manager Application” under the subject line.
To any project office in Sokoto, Zamfara or Benue.
Note: Only complete applications will be considered and short-listed applicants contacted.