Apply Now at Ericsson Nigeria
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Engineer – PS Core / MBPN Optimization
Req ID: 329986
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Categories: Network Operation and Integration
- Manage Performance & Optimization of the Packet Core Switch / MPBN / IP Transport Network by ensuring good Quality of Service (QoS) and Customer Experience across the network.
- Define Key Performance Indicators formulae and measurement processes & set performance standards targets within the PS Core / MPBN domain.
- 2G/3G/4G data and IP systems dimensioning, design, optimization and acceptance of the following but limited nodes:
- GGSN/S-GW & P-GW
- Firewall & DNS
- I-Cache & Video Optimization (VO)
- Site Routers & Switches
- Border Routers & Switches
- Provide insights and reports on the PS-Core network performance
- Evaluate the impact of change due to new technology, node upgrades and new features added to the PS Core network.
- Participate in customer projects, handling scope, risks, changes and customer expectations.
- Bachelor of Engineering degree (Electrical / Electronic, Telecommunication or related fields)
- 2+ years of multi technology experience in Radio Networks Design Strategic Planning, and Solutions
- Network Asset / Business productivity analysis
- Network Audit and functionality testing
- Sound knowledge of PS Core and IP Transport Planning, Optimization, Performance
- Good understanding of PS Core network architecture interfaces and standards
- Understanding of data traffic routing and addressing
Skills & Qualifications:
- Understanding of wider trends in the international and local telecoms industry
- Understand principles of software development and Traffic Engineering
- Good knowledge about IP Networks and monitoring tools
- Good understanding of advanced and complex radio networks and should be able to assist with advanced Planning and creative design solutions
- Must have customer facing and engagement experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for effective communication and relationship development with customer
- Self-motivated. Ability to work under pressure and learn independently.
- Good presentation, time management and leadership skills & ability to work with diverse backgrounds
- Result oriented with focus on customer satisfaction and project delivery
- Fluent English, written and spoken.