Procurement Officer Wanted at Cuso International
Cuso International is a North American leading international development agency that works through volunteers to overcome poverty, operating in Nigeria for more than 60 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Contract Type: Fixed-Term
- Cuso International, a Canadian development NGO, is implementing a United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) supported project in Cross River and Benue States called Livelihood Enhancement in refugee settlements and in Refugee Holding Communities in Cross River and Benue States – (B-LIVER) which aims to improve livelihoods, increase income generation and self-reliance through sustainable enterprise development for Cameroonian refugees and host community members in Cross River and Benue States.
- This will be achieved through the implementation of livelihood interventions covering vocational and technical trainings, setting up of farm hubs, entrepreneurship and business management, life skills and access to agricultural / livestock / fisheries production.
- Reporting to the Finance and Admin Manager, the Procurement Officer provides procurement expertise and assists the organization to plan, develop, source and manage procurement arrangements to effectively meet organizational and business objectives
- Support Cuso International Nigeria in the development and implementation of innovative and sustainable procurement guidelines, procedures and policy;
- Request for quotes based on organizational policy and procedures;
- Prepare vendor comparison sheet to support the Procurement Committee in their sitting;
- Prepare purchase order with all specifications/conditions, including withholding tax/VAT exemption, approved by the Country Representative or designate and mail to vendors
- Development of Key Performance Indicators for new and existing suppliers and monitoring of suppliers;
- Provide oversight on monitoring of internal procurement systems and processes and ensure that compliance is achieved across the organization;
- Undertake, complete and assist in specific procurement projects and provide ongoing monitoring as required including working with budget managers;
- Provide staff with training on standard procurement systems and processes to a knowledge level relevant to their position;
- Provide oversight in ensuring that appropriate supplier selection/bidding processes for selected purchase requests, and supplier and contract pricing validation for all purchase requests;
- Identify, mitigate and escalate procurement risks to enable the organization to meet its obligations and maximize business opportunities;
- Maintain and update procurement records and generate reports on procurement and contract activity to meet organizational compliance requirements;
- Undertake any other relevant duties as directed by the line manager; and
- Any other duties are completed in a professional and timely manner to appropriate standards.
- Provide excellent vendor services and ensuring that a professional manner is always maintained with vendors;
- Facilitate systems that will help to maintain close working relationships with internal and external contacts as appropriate;
- Ensure queries are dealt with in a professional and courteous manner;
- Support a culture of quality vendor service in the organization;
- Consider service requirements and develop solutions to meet needs; and
- Resolve complex service issues and needs.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in supply chain management, Logistics or Business administration Economics or any related field
- 3+ years of experience as a Procurement Officer with an International Organization;
- Punctual, organized, motivated, detail-oriented, multitasking
- High self-motivated and the ability to perform with minimum supervision, as well as within a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage procurement across board and especially within an INGO set up
- Possess the energy and tenacity to conduct hands-on market searches
- Exhibit a sense of professionalism in conducting duties
- Have experience in bidding / tendering
- Excellent command of MS Office & common applications / software (especially excel)
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- 3+ experience in supply chain management
- Knowledge of Strategic Sourcing methodology