Data & Analytics Senior Associate at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data & Analytics Senior Associate
Reference Number: 125-NIG00242
Job type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
- Analyze and interpret big volumes of data from client including internal data systems and external sources
- Identify, investigate and explain trends and patterns in data using data tools, platforms and analytical tool kits
- Translate complex findings into business terms and communicate to client
- Develop strategies for analytics to build advanced data visualizations and analytical models
- Moving analytics models from development to production.
- Use machine learning techniques for addressing a variety of problems (e.g. consumer segmentation, revenue forecasting, image classification, etc.).
- Building machine learning models and systems, interpreting their output.
- Demonstrate leadership potential by coordinating project teams and testing their work for quality in line with defined standards.
- Serve as team lead on Analytics projects.
- Provide coaching to junior staff or less experienced team members to develop technical competence and administrative skills
- Provide research assistance for strategic planning and business development efforts
- Use data visualization skills and tools to analyze, package and communicate reports to key stakeholders, both internally and to external clients
- Help develop internal processes and lead the analytic group in the management of projects and resources
- Support in identifying new opportunities for service delivery.
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Informatics, Operations Research, or other quantitative disciplines.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience.
- Demonstrates analytical abilities using Python, R;
- Ability to use data storage technologies: SQL, NoSQL,;
- Efficient use of data processing tools: R(dplyr, etc), Python (Numpy, Pandas, etc.), Spark
- Exhibit advance analytics and machine learning capabilities using libraries in R and Python, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Spark MLlib;
- Visualization: R-Shiny, Python (Matplotlib, Seaborn, bokeh, etc.), PowerBI, Qlik,Tableau;
- Machine learning algorithms (e.g. k-nearest neighbors, random forests, ensemble methods, deep neural networks, etc.) and when it is appropriate to use each technique.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and senior clients.
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships.
- A proactive approach to problem solving, delivering results and meeting client expectations.
- Strong statistical and programming skills and technical depth.
- Project management skills – ability to manage across multiple and complex projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (presentation & facilitation).
- Demonstrable creativity and innovation.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to remain organized, driven, and focused on multiple projects at a time
- Ability to use data visualization tools such as Tableau is a plus.