Job Opening Estimator at the Workplace Centre Limited
The Workplace Centre Limited – We are a World Class Skills Development and HR / ICT Consulting Services organisation that adds significant value to our clients and society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Estimator
Reports to: GM
Job Type: Full Time
Summary of Role
- Interpret Job Specification
- Plan the production of the job as a map before preparing the Estimate
- Prepare the Estimate in a profitable, competitive and most economical way considering the company production tools.
- Advise the client through the Client Service office on the most economical specification where needful.
- Have independent idea of current market price of print material.
- Liaise with production team for feedback on actual production flow of job.
- Generate Quotation Estimate
- Generate Production Estimate Form
- Prepare job bag
- Generate Weekly & Monthly report.
Educational and Professional Qualifications
- HND in Printing or Degree in relevant discipline
- Five to seven years cognate work experience with two years in a large scale commercial printing organization.
- Ability to interpret a job specification form correctly
- Knowledge of the print production process of jobs specification
- Ability to identify machine required for job process
- Ability to plan job economically
- Proficiency in use of Estimating Software
- Microsoft office tools (MS Word Ms Excel)
- Team Spirit
- Ability to work under pressure without making errors
- Work under less supervision.
- Must possess superior business communication skills.
- Natural affinity and passion for details, technical problem solving
- Must be a transformational leader; should be able to work with and through people to achieve results.
- Must be decisive, courageous, with good decision making skills.
- Gentle but firm in dealing with staff.