Executive Officer at Jhpiego
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We hereby invite applications from highly resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the position below:
Job Title: Executive Officer
Position Reports To: Country Director
- The TMEC / RISE program is a newly-awarded 5-year, USAID-funded global HIV program that supports countries to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control through provision of strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to improve prevention, HIV case finding and treatment programming.
- In Nigeria, TMEC / RISE comprising of Jhpiego, ICAP at Columbia University, a global health leader situated within the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York City and others will support the Government of Nigeria to address barriers in HIV services among at-risk adult men, women and priority populations and to build capacity of local implementing partners, continuously leveraging data to successfully course correct and achieve and maintain epidemic control.
- This project aims to achieve and maintain the primary prevention and 95-95-95 goals that are critical to HIV epidemic control in Nigeria. The program will also support PEPFAR’s transition of HIV service delivery to local partners, advancing progress along the journey to self-reliance in Akwa-Ibom, Cross River, Niger, and Adamawa.
- The Executive Officer will work closely with the Country Director and its management team as necessary to provide support to the Country Director.
- S/he will provide executive level administrative support, clerical support, receiving partners/visitors, arranging travel and correspondence, and scheduling meetings.
- The Executive Officer will enhance the Country Director’s effectiveness by ensuring information management as well as representing the Country Director to others.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Conserves Country Director’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Support specific initiatives, activities, projects and research under the office of the Country Director or wider SMT.
- Maintains Country Director’s appointment schedule by coordinating travels, planning and scheduling meetings, take minutes, action notes and deal with any follow up action.
- Maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Secures information by completing data base backups.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
- Produce reports, presentations and briefs for office of the Country Director.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Undertake any other duties as maybe required commensurate with the level of the post.
Required Qualifications / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Social / Behavioral Sciences, Public Administration and Health related courses. Masters in any of this related field will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5-6 years’ strong experience in similar position within the INGO/private sector.
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Administrators added advantage.
- Strong time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a pleasant personality.
- Discretion and confidentiality,
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Proficiency in English.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office and word processing and other relevant statistical applications.
- Demonstrated expertise working with management teams.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday 4p.m; 3rd March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV as One Single Word document indicating Location to: email@example.com
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position / Location you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Nigerian nationals living in Abuja are strongly encouraged to apply
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.ihpiego.org.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.