Head, Legal at Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc
Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south-western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and Kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Legal
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- To oversee and manage the provision of all legal services to IBEDC in order to ensure maximum protection of its legal rights and maintain its operations within the limits prescribed by law and Regulatory bodies.
- To provide strategic guidance, consultation, and support to management on a comprehensive range of legal and associated issues in line with company policy.
- Develop Corporate Legal Strategy for the organization including guiding policies & procedures.
- Provide legal opinions and advise on matters relating to IBEDC’s business activities / operations.
- Ensure compliance with the statutory requirements set down by the regulator and the provisions of CAMA (Ensure corporate governance is maintained at all times).
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures are consistent with the law.
- Ensure that the necessary registers required to be kept under the Corporations Law are established and properly maintained.
- Develop annual Functional budget for executive management approval.
- Participate in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs.
Qualifications and Requirements
- LLB is required
- Minimum of fifteen years of practical experience in law, preferably with some experience in the public sector
- Minimum of five years of leadership experience
- Minimum of 5 years post NBA practice
- Ability to apply legal or other training to legislative analysis is required
- Excellent research, writing, and communication skills required
- Must possess demonstrated negotiation, problem-solving, decision-making, management, supervisory and organizational skills to provide strong leadership and direction
- Possesses a high level of knowledge of state and federal laws, rules, policies and procedures
- Strong problem-solving skills, sound reasoning, independent judgment and initiative
- Compliance management experience preferred
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, click on “Click Here See Vacancies” and select “Head, Legal” to apply accordingly.