Michael Stevens Consulting Latest Employment Vacancy
Michael Stevens Consulting – Our client, a reputable Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) Company is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Underwater Maintenance Rigger
- To Visually determine ground condition in areas of crane operations to ensure crane stability.
- Proficient with standard knots used in line and slings to secure loads
- Proficient in rope splicing
- Competent in manual handling techniques
- Competent in flange management technique
- Offshore Export Terminal Facilities and platforms: All offshore facilities for the export of crude oil
- Terminal Jetty facilities: All jetty facilities and operations
- Utilities Services: All facilities and equipment for the provision of utilities services, including water services and power generation.
- To conduction pre & post-berthing inspection of all Single Point Mooring (SPM) mooring lines and floating hoses accessories
- To support in the inspection, connection and disconnection of export hoses onboard cargo vessel during crude export operation.
- Responsible for the safe and controlled movement of material and equipment in and around the warehouse, shop, pier-side and shipboard by means other than fork trucks or pallet jacks that requires the use of slings, chain falls, ratcheting come-a-longs
- To Determine proximity of Crane Boom and/or load in relation to overhead Transmission Lines, piping/equipment/other obstacles and take appropriate action to ensure that lifting would not damage or be damaged with proximity hazards
- To Determines the weight, center of gravity and safe lifting points for loads that need to be rigged to a location that requires use of slings, chain falls, ratcheting come-a-longs.
- To Inspects all rigging slings, chain falls, ratcheting come-a-longs before use and ensures all gear and equipment is in safe working condition and I current in weight test requirements
- To Determine safe rigging paths, location of required padeyes and load pick points
- To Supervise performance of other Riggers and Helpers at work as per applicable safety norms to ensure personal safety of the reporting staff and safety of the rigging activity.
- To support in the connection and disconnection of marine export floating hose string
- To Ensure correct selection of Lifting Equipment for the assigned task to perform safe lifting operation and avoid damaging the Equipment.
- Vessel Crew, Jetty Marshals, Beach Master, Marine Supervisor, HSE Representative, Crane Operators, Material Warehouse,
- Minimum of an Ordinary National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent Senior Secondary School Certificate / WASC plus 10 years’ experience in marine vessel/construction rigging can be considered
- Work Experience Minimum 5 years experience as a Rigger in Marine Vessel, Oil & Gas or Petrochemical plants handling various types of loads.
- In depth knowledge of heavy rigging practices, hand rigging, full understanding of Rigging Code of Practice,
- able to read Rigging Drawings, produce field drawings and interprets load charts.
- Computer literacy preferred. Capable of working at Sea.