Work at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fabrication Supervisor
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- Supervise and make requisitions for materials needed for different projects/job
- Assist in preparing monthly chargeback of work done
- Assist to fabricate and install/fix equipment like heat exchanger and some other processing equipment
- Supervise the fabrication workshop
- Ability to design and construct any of the engineering projects that relate to fabrication
- Supervise all the activities going on in the machinist workshop and spare production etc.
- Ensure the turner machine and other tools and equipment are in good working condition
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- BSc / HND in Mechanical Engineering or related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a reputable organization.
- Have good working knowledge of lathe machine, milling machine and shading machine.
- Ability to read engineering drawings into details and should be computer literate.
Application Closing Date
2nd March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.