Join African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Short Term Staff Assistant Portfolio Data Analyst, PIVP
Reference: ADB / 20 / 018
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
- The Vice Presidency, Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialisation (PIVP) is at the heart of the Bank’s mission to develop the private sector, improve infrastructure and accelerate industrialisation.
- The Complex’s main functions are to: (i) strengthen the enabling environment for private sector development, conducive to inclusive and sustainable growth; (ii) support the development of reliable and sustainable infrastructure, including urban development; (iii) put a renewed focus on industrial and commercial performance in support of structural transformation across Africa; and (iv) lead the Bank’s financial sector development programme.
- The Complex leads the Bank’s non-sovereign operations in these areas, as well as selected complex sovereign operations.
The Hiring Department / Division
- The Vice President’s Front Office (PISA) leads and coordinates the Bank’s largest lending programme. The need for a Portfolio Data Analyst Assistant is important to provide data and statistics, as well as the maintenance and updating of related tools, methodologies and/or databases to support the delivery of the lending programme and budget implementation.
- The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Assistant to the Vice-President, PIVP.
- He/she will coordinate, gather data and monitor the database in relation to the various departments of the Complex.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Assistant to the Vice-President, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Collect, process, provide and maintain accurate data on Bank operations (new, on-going and completed).
- Prepare bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and adhoc documents on the management and performance of the PIVP loan programme.
- Contribute to the preparation and monitoring of the PIVP’s annual work programme and its regular updates, using established schedules or according to the guidelines.
- Develop, maintain and update desktop data and reporting platforms that interface with existing enterprise systems, e.g. SAP, BPPS, BRAG, SharePoint, etc. for seamless updating of pipeline data, loan programme processing, supervision reports, etc.
- Hold a minimum of a Licence / Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Economy, Qualitative and Statistical Management, or a related field;
- Provide proof of citizenship or evidence of permanent residency or work authorization in the proposed country of employment.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a combination of related fields such as portfolio management, sector analysis, economic analysis, development or related fields.
- Have project and programme monitoring experience.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, ability to deal effectively with staff at all levels.
- Good organisational skills and demonstrated ability to manage a variable workload in a team environment, including the ability to meet deadlines.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of AfDB’s administrative and operational procedures.
- Good written and oral skills in French or English with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access). Knowledge of SAP is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
27th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information / Notice
- This position does not attract international terms and conditions. The post holder will be considered a short-term staff (local staff)
- Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.