Join at Andela
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Software Engineer in Test
What You’ll Do
- In this role, you will work as a Software Engineer in Test within the Technology organization, building world-class internal and customer-facing products to support Andela’s business needs.
- Our Andelan Engineers are renowned for their technical prowess. They are admired and respected for the depth of their technical expertise and leadership.
- Our Andelan Engineers epitomize ownership. They take personal responsibility for Andela’s ability to continue to deliver value and building products that are key to helping Andela grow and scale as an organization.
- Use your knowledge in your core technology to delight our partners around the world.
- Be responsible for designing and implementing QA processes, develop test data and use it to perform testing tasks and prepare relevant test result reports.
- Proactively communicating and prioritizing effectively on tasks.
- Act as role-model even in the most difficult and challenging situations, using constructive feedback, mentorship, and universal respect.
What You’ll Bring
- All Andela engineers go above and beyond. To find out more about additionally suggested competencies, check out our engineer framework.
- A minimum of 3-4 years of professional experience, during which you’ve built technical knowledge on QA techniques and processes, and exercised ownership on various technical teams.
- Intermediate in at least one core language and one or more relevant frameworks as well as Beginner level understanding in an adjacent language
- Comfortable working with at least one cloud data storage solution.
- Hands-on experience with at least one global cloud provider.
- Able to run a root-cause analysis, report relevant information, and suggest remediation.
- Demonstrates a desire to problem-solve independently first, before seeking assistance.
- Familiar with the core concepts of CI/CD pipelines and able to progress code as required.
- Able to contribute to documentation, as needed, as part of code, code-delivery, onboarding, or any requested documentation maintained by the team.
- Understands testing tools and frameworks required to support the engineer’s core language / framework.
- Able to identify areas that can be automated in daily tasks.
- Takes ownership over his / her own work and also shows responsibility for the output of the team
- Completes tasks independently, with little to no feedback.
- Continuously self-reflective to look for areas of improvement and seek help when needed.
- Expert in planning and estimating, sets and meets expectations for on-time delivery, and takes complexity and scale into account when sizing larger bodies of work.
- Able to accurately select the right means of communication for the need, based on impacting variables, such as immediacy and complexity.
- Familiarity with the following specific tools:
- Testing tools: Selenium, Jest, Mocha, TestCafe, Chai
- Google Cloud Platform
- GraphQL based web services
- NestJS application framework
- TypeORM and Postgres
- Modern Angular application development
- Containerization tools: Docker, Kubernetes
- Cloud based CI / CD tools: CircleCI, CodeClimate
What You’ll Get
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of your field
- A chance to change the world for the better
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online