Stanbic IBTC Bank Recent Employment Vacancy
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Accounts Payable
Job ID: 46372
Location: Lagos (Lagos Island)
Job Sector: Banking
- Finance: budgeting and forecasting, creating interim and annual financial statements, facilitating internal mergers and acquisitions, as well as dealing with analysts and investors.
- To undertake all functions associated with recording, reviewing and reconciling payments and GL accounts.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Review and post all transactions prior to posting on the system for payments for items or services procured on behalf of Stanbic IBTC group,
- Ensure vendors are paid timeously, correct amounts are paid and accounts are accurately allocated with proper authority obtained.
- Review prior day transactions of other team members
- Reconcile daily and prepare proofs of, the 3 ACB interface accounts, Cash advance GL, GL 2808000, 5205004, 5119008, the IC receivable and payable Accounts and other specific suspense accounts used by the team, ensuring the outstanding amounts <3days old,
- Ensure up-to-date Intercompany billing and follow closely on payment on a monthly basis.
- Review and reconcile the prepayment accounts while ensuring accurate amortization and that there are no un-amortised amounts.
- Monitor, prepare (where applicable) and post accruals for unpaid invoices as advised by business units and ensure adequate provisions and month end allocations are made as applicable before close of each month.
- Ensure smooth run of month end activities, support and manage/monitor team in all month-end processes to ensure deadlines are met and there are no disruptions to day to day and month end activities
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Qualification and Experience:
- BSc in Accounting, Economics or a relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a finance department. Preference will be given for those who have worked in a financial institution.
- ACCA, ACA, CIMA, Dip IFRS or relevant Accounting/Finance qualification is required
- Computer literacy and knowledge of personal computers and software packages MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint. Working knowledge of SAP & Finacle Core is an added advantage.
Knowledge / Technical Skills / Expertise
- Financial and Accounting Control
- Interpreting Financial Statements
- Preparing Financial Statements
- Understanding IFRS
- Financial Consolidation
- Reconciling Financial Records