Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) Recent Employment Opportunity
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor (Daily Worker Pool)
- Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. In Jahun, Jigawa State MSF France works with the MoH to in maternal and newborn health in the Jahun Government hospital and in some primary health care facilities.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnosis and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking that they have understood
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care of the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate to the development of reforms in working strategies
- Directly participating in shifts, rotations, emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Respect medical confidentiality
- Education: Fully Licensed Medical Doctor. Medical Doctor Diploma Desirable
- Experience: 2 year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training)
- Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health , obs and gynae, paediatrics, A&E, infectious diseases, HIV / AIDS / STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
- Languages: Spoken and written English and Hausa
- Competencies: people management, Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, trustworthy service
- Contract in Jahun, 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required
- Worker will be requested according to project needs. Availability for 12 hour shifts, night or day is required.
- Monthly Gross salary of N459,507.
Application Closing Date
26th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter, CV and copies of qualifications (valid licence) with contact details to the “MSF Admin” by mail to: email@example.com using “Medical Doctor” as the subject of the email.
Applications can be submitted in person at the Office:
Jahun Surgical Project, (“Application Box” outside the front gate)
Unguwar Turaki, Along Kafin Hausa Road,
Behind Upper Sharia Court Jahun,
Jahun Local Government Area,
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before the deadline
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.