Project Accountant Wanted at Alfred & Victoria Associates
Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Accountant
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Department: Finance & Accounts
Job Summary & Purpose
This role must ensure accurate reporting and analysis of Project’s financial transactions.
- It will also be responsible for effectively managing the project’s financial resources as well as recommending strategies for managing operational costs and ensuring profitability of the project.
- Timely, accurate and regular reporting of project’s performance is an integral part of this role.
- Reports to: Group Head, Human Resources and Office Services
- Direct Reports:
- Deputy Head, NCDMB, Learning and Development
- Learning Management System Administrator
- Group finance
- Project Manager
- Financial Controller.
- Liaise with the Project Manager to develop project budget in line with project schedules.
- Review the project budget with the financial controller (FC).
- Prepare and present periodic reports on performance of the project.
- Prepare and present reports on profitability of the project, investigate and report on variances of project revenue and costs.
- Ensure project cost is monitored regularly to avoid over spends, Ensure the cost incurred is commensurate to level of activities.
- Ensure timely issuance of invoice upon completion of milestone & follows up to ensure inflows are received for pending receivables.
- Prepare funding request, to be jointly reviewed by the Project Manager based on needs of the project.
- Ensure funds released for projects are properly managed.
- Ensure applicable taxes are deducted from vendors invoices and ensures remittance of taxes are made as at when due.
- Ensure accuracy and periodic reviews of all project related payables with account payable team and financial controller.
- Ensure that all project activities (Revenue, costs, receivables, receipt) are properly captured into the accounting software.
- Ensure accuracy and periodic review of project billings/receivable and accrued revenue/value of work done with project manager and Financial controller.
- Ensure that receivable reconciliation is done on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Academic Qualification: First Degree in Finance/ Accounting / Economics
- A Post graduate degree will be an added advantage
- Professional Qualification: Relevant professional qualification e.g. Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA)
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years relevant experience. Exposure to Construction or Oil & Gas industry will be an added advantage.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- A thorough knowledge of standard contract terms and how they are applied in the billing process.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the Project Manager or Financial controller, as necessary.
Key Performance Metrics
- Recording of transactions
- Reporting on project
- Billing timing and accuracy
- Project accounting reports.
- Completeness and accuracy
- Complete and on time
- Complete and on time
- Complete, accurate and on time.
Application Closing Date
3pm; 5th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the above time will be automatically rejected.