Apply at the Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC)
The Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC) was established on 22 May 1964 in N’Djamena, Republic of Chad. The Commission was established upon recognizing the need to formulate principles of the use of resources of the Basin for economic purposes, including the harnessing of water resources. The mandate of the Commission is to sustainably and equitably manage the Lake Chad and other shared water resources of the Lake Chad Basin, preserve the ecosystems of the Lake Chad Conventional Basin, to promote regional integration, peace and security across the Basin.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Division, Finance And Accounting
Location: N’Djamena, Chad
Contract Duration: Three (3) years renewable subject to performance evaluation
- The Executive Secretariat of the LCBC is currently searching for a Head of Division, Finance And Accounting.
The responsibilities of the position include particularly (but are not limited to):
- Ensure strategic directions of financial management and financial oversight;
- Effective planning, monitoring and management of Commission’s financial resources;
- Ensure compliance of financial management in the Commission with financial regulations;
- Develop operational procedures for financial management and oversight.
- Designs and establishes systems, tools and mechanisms to improve financial management and oversight:
- Ensure provision of timely, accurate, and consistent and integrated financial data and analysis for decision-making aimed at enhancing financial control and reducing opportunities for discretion in the use of donor funds.
- Oversee consistent analysis, forecasting and planning of all Commission financial resources (management and development projects),
- Oversee budget preparation and budget implementation processes, ensure consistency of planning mechanisms and formats with LCBC corporate systems and procedures;
- Oversee adequate expenditure analysis, tracking and recording of expenditures as well as accurate documentation of financial information.
- Oversees timely reporting on all funds ensuring that correct procedures and formats are adhered to.
- Oversees recording and reconciliation processes ensuring that appropriate actions and tools are applied;
- Plan as well as oversee implementation of cost-saving and cost-recovery.
- Ensure that TOMPRO financial mechanisms are implemented in line with the LCBC policies and guidelines.
- Oversee end-of-year financial closure processes;
- Support HR by providing training on financial management and reporting of expenditures.
- Reporting line: The Head of Division and Accounting reports to the Director of Administration and Finance.
Qualifications and experiences
- Masters’ degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Administration or related field is required.
- Professional Membership is highly desirable.
- At least 15 years of relevant progressively advancing professional experience in all aspects of financial management (financial planning, budgeting, accounting, financial analysis, reporting, internal control) in international organizations or in the private sector in positions at the corporate level (project level experience is not applicable for this position);
- 10 years of professional experience in a managerial and supervisory position in a similar context;
- Experience in management of large financial resources (minimum USD 100 million annual volume);
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and solve complex financial problems, formulate policies and implement change;
- IT Skills
- MS office applications, web-based management information systems,
- Experience with TOMPAIE is an asset;
- Mastery of IT tools, i. e. MS Office and specialized software is required;
- Good personal organization with the ability to set priorities effectively;
- Ability to rapidly adapt to change;
- Good communication skills
- Experience in the public or private sector
- Experience with multicultural team. Languages: Fluency in English and/or French;
- Maximum age: 53 years
Application Closing Date
1st March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Complete Application files to the Office of the Executive Secretary of LCBC at the following address:
Place de la Grande Armée,
P.O. Box 727, N’Djamena,
Or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org and should include the following documents:
- A handwritten application,
- A letter of motivation,
- A certificate of non-conviction not more than 3 months old,
- A certificate of nationality,
- Employment certificates,
- Certified true copies of certificates,
- A signed CV,
- Two passport-size photographs.