Facilitator at the Center for Community Health and Development International
The Center for Community Health and Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facilitator
Location: Borno ( shani / Hawul)
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Volunteering, NGO / Non-Profit
Duration: 10 months with possible renewal
The Scope of Role
- The facilitators will support the project team and others to carry out fieldwork and other assessment activities, which may be required for the program’s functioning and strategy.
- The facilitator’s contract is on a need-for-work basis and is not a full-time role.
- The facilitator, working under the supervision of the program lead will be responsible for administering questionnaires to beneficiaries in rural communities, as well as providing important feedback on programs field activities.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The facilitators will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in collecting data as per the program requirements for its different sites which may include focus group discussion, key informant interviews and one on one interview with respondents based on program developed and supplied by the program lead.
- Gather and accurately record responses on questionnaires using mobile data collection tool or other tool as may be recommended by the program officer.
- Ensure that questionnaires have been thoroughly checked and completed.
- Submit completed reports and other equipment used in fieldwork to the supervisor and will, if required to do so, compile his/her findings in a format required by the program manager.
- As part of each assignment, participate in briefings, carry out data collection, data entry and/or reporting.
- Recognize and give account by provide useful feedback from the beneficiaries
Requirements, Qualifications and Experience
- National Diploma or its equivalent.
- Experience in working in a volatile area with peculiar nature of Borno state.
- Previous experience in leadership / governance or community engagement.
- Experience in community engagement, advocacy, administering questionnaires and conducting interviews.
- Willingness to learn and explore new experiences.
- Fluency in speaking and understanding English, Kanuri and Hausa. Kanuri speaking is highly preferred.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Honesty: Shows a high level of integrity and will not fabricate responses or misrepresent the program
- Communication: Confidently expresses self, able to clearly ask questions and help the respondent understand what is needed from her/him.
- Relationship Builder: Able to build trust with people at the rural level and maintain confidentiality.
- Cultural Awareness: Must be aware of and sensitive to the cultural expectations of communities in Northern Nigeria.
- Endurance: Must be able to work for a full day working hours in the field across a number of days.
Application Closing Date
4th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in not more than 3 address to the “Human Resource Officer, Center for Community Health and Development (CHAD) International, Behind Bulunkutu Primary school Maiduguri, Borno State” via: firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly indicate your name, position and location you applying for as the subject of your email.
Note: All employees of CHAD Internation will to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.