Head Nurse Wanted at Freedom Foundation
Freedom Foundation is an NGO working to rehabilitate, educate and empower persons who abuse drugs or who have been victims of sexual abuse/violence or trafficked.
We are currently seeking qualified, creative, dynamic and passionate individual to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head Nurse
Duties and Responsibilities
Oversee the nursing operations of HOR including nursing care, supervision of mental health nurses, evaluations and general patient support.
- Conduct individual, group psychotherapy and family interaction meetings.
- Obtain medical, psychiatric, social, and family histories on new admissions, schedule and arrange for special tests; develop discharge plans; maintain charts and logs.
- Assist in developing and organizing clinical treatment programs including individualized patient treatment plans and case management reviews.
- Keeps medical records and prepares psychiatric reports.
- Exercise independent judgment in medical emergencies; demonstrate tact, diplomacy, patience, and compassion.
- Conduct patient assessments, ward rounds and review (diagnosis, management plan medications of clients’ admitted in the facility)
- Assist the Program Manager in patient’s assessment, treatment and review
- Communicate with family members on patient’s progress and further management.
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must be a registered psychiatric nurse.
- Additional qualifications/certifications will be an advantage.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a mental health setting.
- Excellent relationship management.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.