IT & Admin Support Officer Recruitment at the British High Commission (BHC)
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT & Admin Support Officer
Job Ref.: 05/20 LOS – AU
Grade: A2 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed Term, Full-time
Working hours per week: 36
Duration of Post: 12 months
Type of Post: British Deputy High Commission
Start Date: 1 April 2020
End Date: 31 March 2021
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Policy & Political roles)
Job Subcategory: Private Office
Main Purpose of the Job
- This is an exciting multi-hatted role at the heart of the British Deputy High Commission.
- Main responsibilities include providing administrative support to the Deputy Head of Mission and Head of Corporate Services; and joining the IT Support Officer Team to support all the teams at the British Deputy High Commission with general IT support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the Deputy Head of Mission and Head of Corporate Services (diary management, event planning and travel bookings)
- Support the Deputy Head of Mission with planning internal events for all teams at the British Deputy High Commission (BDHC) and with internal communications
IT Support Officer:
- Create, manage and upgrade IT accounts
- Manage distribution lists, WhatsApp groups and shared mailboxes
- Assist train BDHC staff on new software, such as Microsoft Teams
- Manage Lagos IT Helpdesk Mailbox and our internal customer service software, Lagos Enquirer
- Work closely with the IT Helpdesk at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office logging and managing calls and ensuring our Service Level Agreements are met
- Responsible for IT supplies and managing the IT equipment store, ensuring inventories are up to date and we have enough stock
- Set up and manage standalone IT terminals (systems not on our internal network) across the BDHC
- Help manage the move of IT equipment and systems from our current office to our new premises (from 2021)
Resources Managed (Staff and Expenditure):
- Manage the IT equipment store
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications including Microsoft Outlook, Office Online, SharePoint, Teams, Microsoft Excel, Flow, Microsoft Visio, OneNote, Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Foundational understanding of Data Networking.
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Ability to touch type
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- ITIL V4 Foundation certified
- Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Demonstrating Resilience
Starting Monthly Salary
NGN 405, 972
Application Closing Date
12th March, 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Nigeria with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- The British Deputy High Commission in Lagos is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Deputy High Commission in Nigeria are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Country.
- Spouses/registered partners of UK Based Staff are able to work within the BDHC but their salary will be abated at the appropriate tax rates.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted (It would be advantageous to hold or have held security clearance approved by the FCO)