Director of Finance and Business Support at Smart Partners Consulting Limited
Smart Partners Consulting Limited is a leading indigenous HR Consulting Firm in Nigeria located in Lagos with services offered in Recruitment, Outsourcing, Training and HR Consulting. We are a growing firm providing services to top leading companies across the Oil & Gas, IT, Banking Industries and many others using our world class recruiting process with vibrant, talented and passionate team.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Director of Finance and Business Support
Reports to: General Manager
- Under the general guidance and supervision of the General Manager / Owner or their delegate and within the limits of the Hotels policies and procedures, the Director of Finance is responsible for supervising and directing the financial activities of the hotel, providing functional guidance to Executive Committee and Department Heads;
- Interacting with hotels legal counsel, insurance companies, tax consultants, auditors and commercial banks to effectively control the assets of the business and prepares all financial reports in accordance with the generally accepted accounting principles and Hotels standards.
- Develops the annual budget in conjunction with the Executive Committee
- Develops and implements accounting and financial strategies that support achievement of the hotelТs goal
- Analyzes financial and management reports as required by the Top Management
- Reviews prices and recommends pricing strategy to the General Manager
- Ensures an up to date cash flow projection is maintained and maximizes cash flow performance of the hotel through controls on inventory, credit and collection, disbursements, deposits and remittances
- Prepares monthly position of actual results against budget, analyses results and recommend to Executive Committee measures that are required to meet budget
- Prepares consolidated quarterly position assessments for the General Manager
- Evaluates existing internal control measures that apply to accounting procedures and computer systems as per HotelТs Policies and Procedures
- Provides administrative support to Management with reference to business advice and operational assistance
- Identifies training needs, develops formal training plans and conducts training sessions for accounting staff with the Training Department
- Obtains appropriate legal counsel regarding the business practices of the hotel and maintains an awareness of local laws, rules and regulations
- Follows up on all capital expenditures to ensure compliance with original justification and approval
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Background, Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting or any other related field.
- Minimum of 18 years experience within the Hospitality Industry preferably in a Five Star Hotel with at least 10 years experience as the Head of Department.
- Strong Management, Leadership and Decision Making Skills
- Must have knowledge of business law; federal, state and local taxes
- Ability to assign and delegate work and authority to others.
- Excellent Analytical and Problem Solving Skills.
- Understanding of complex information and requirements
- Ability to coach others and drive performance.
- Great Computer skills combined with a good head for business
- Ability to deliver under Tight Deadlines and within constraints.