Finance Assistant Recruitment at Medecins du Monde (MdM)
Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
- Under the supervision of the Programme, the Finance Assistant will be responsible for the following main activities in accordance to national and MdM procedures:
Cash Box Management:
- Make payments according to MdM procedures.
- Keep the cash and cash boxes safe and according procedures.
- Estimate petty cash, and make request to the Administrative Coordinator for replenishment.
- Perform daily/weekly/and monthly cash control with Finance Officer.
- if necessary, realize the payment of monthly per-diem and advance of salary according to MdM procedures for the international staff
- Management of safety envelop for international staff (payment and refund in and out)
- Enter invoices & payments data regularly into accountancy software (saga) in accordance with MdM standards and to the accountancy and budget framework.
- Prepare the payment of expenses related to the daily operation of the MdM programs, according to MdM procurement procedures (Mission Request, Purchase order, contract, invoices & receipts, quotations, and proformas etc.)
- Double check of records, according to MdM & donor procedures
- Verify that all the receipts/invoices are correctly filled and they are eligible for MdM accountancy (indicating: date, details of the supplier, clearly written the amount with the stamp PAID);
- Make cash advances for operation to validated staff after validation of the Finance Coordinator and ensure that all advance are reconciled/closed by the end of the week & month.
- Prepare (glue and copy) and archive all necessary documents for monthly accountancy in accordance with MdM procedures: accountancy (ledger, cash controls) and annexes.
- Complete the monthly closing operation of the cash accounts in accountancy after validation of Finance Coordinator, in the schedule fixed and send the documents required
- Keep the administrative archive on the mission (do the copies, classify and archive)
- Support to look for invoices when required
- Develop filing system for administration department, and after validation of Administrative Coordinator,
- Realize copying and filing and scanning, especially for accountancy
- Assist during organization of trainings, accommodation and transportation.
- Prepare a summary of weekly activities
- Participate in a pro-active way to the improvement of the MdM internal meetings (general, admin, security…)
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem
- Perform other additional duties on request of the Finance Coordinator
- At least two years’ work experience in the field of finance/accounting/bookkeeping in an INGO or the commercial sector.
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Excel (experience in working with formulas).
- University Degree in Finance / Accounting / Commerce / Business Administration.
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated, proactive and able to accomplish set deadlines.
- Willing to meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
Application Closing Date
6th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one single attachment via email to: email@example.com clearly indicating “Finance Assistant” as the subject of their application.
Note: Applications sent without the subject stated above will not be treated. Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.