Work at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy, Project Director
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Project: Global Fund
- The Global Fund is a 21st-century partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics Founded in 2002, the Global Fund is a partnership between governments, civil society the private sector and people affected by the diseases.
- The Global Fund raises and invests newly US$4 billion a year to support programs run by local experts in countries and communities most is need. Since 2003, the Global Fund has invested more than 1.4 billion dollars in the fight against AIDs, TB and Malaria in Nigeria.
- Deputy, Project Director will work with the Project Director to provide oversight, coordination, monitoring and reporting of the Global Fund activities in AHNi HQ and the state offices, will equally provide management support to state offices focusing on work plans, sub agreement amendments, periodic fund requests, review of MFRs/SFRs, and reporting,
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- MBBS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 5-7 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years of relevant supervisory Experience
- Or MS/MA in social science, public heath or related field, MPH preferred, and a minimum of 7-9 years relevant experience with, international development programs which includes 5 years of relevant supervisory Experience
- Or BS/BA in Social Science, Public Heath or related field, with a minimum of 9-11 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years of relevant supervisory Experience
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems, international donor organizations, NGOs and COOs is required.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-ProgMgtjobs@ahnigeria.org with the “Job Title and Location” clearly indicated as the subject of the mail.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Only applications sent electronically (I.e. by e-mail) with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered.
- AHNI does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.