Work at Society for Family Health (SFH)
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Service Delivery Quality Advisor – Health Trained Proprietary Patent Medicine Vendors (PPMVs)
Job Type: Full time
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Prepare a supervision strategy that will be approved by the State Program Manager (SPM).
- Develop a work plan to ensure adequate and systematic coverage of all Health trained PPMVs for supervisory support.
- Provide on-the-job, or clinic-based supervision of Health trained PPMVs to ensure they provide FP services in line with recommended quality standards
- Identify, assess and recommend Health trained PPMVs to be trained within the State.
- Work with the SPM, State RH Coordinator and Master trainers to provide appropriate Family Planning training to Health trained PPMVs in line with the project training manual
- Work with the State RH Coordinators, State PHCDA for identification and preparation of PHCs for practicals
- Ensure availability of products, equipment and consumables for the post-training practicals
- Support the Family Planning coordinators of selected PHCs to ensure mobilisation of enough clients for Post-training practicals.
- Maintain a database of all trained and engaged PPMVs on the project to monitor progress made on Competency identified.
- Review progress made by each of the Health trained PPMVs and develop a mentorship and supervision plan based on competency gaps
- Provide periodic report of all Health trained PPMVs based on the position on competency scale and make appropriate recommendations.
- Carry out any other functions necessary for meeting the project goals as may be assigned by the SPM
Qualifications / Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing and Midwifery or an equivalent degree from a recognised/accredited school of Nursing.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in providing family planning service. Experience in Long-Acting Reversible Contraceptives will be an added advantage).
Skills and Competency required:
- Proficient in provision Family Planning Service and Long-Acting Reversible Contraceptives.
- Excellent interpersonal communication
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Multi-taking Skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.