Assistant Audit Manager at Adebola Sobanjo & CO
Adebola Sobanjo Company Limited is a multi-disciplinary professional firm established in 1980 to carry on business as consultants, accountants and tax experts. Over the years the company has grown with offices strategically located to render services in every area of our company business. Adebola Sobanjo Company Limited is a subsidiary of Sobanjo International, one of the top international business consulting firms in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Audit Manager
- The Assistant Audit Manager is responsible for Audit and Assurance Planning and the delivery of prompt Audit and Assurance services of clients.
The role will include executive level engagement interaction and exposure to multiple engagement on an annual basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
- Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of engagement
- Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings and supervision, and delivery of audit work
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimizing profitability
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues
- Building relationships with the engagement staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realize their full potential
- Keeping up to date with ASCO’s product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
- Working on audit tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team on these tenders.
- Preparing data and drafting independence reports.
- You may also have the opportunity to work on specific audit related projects across the audit function.
- BSc / BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Should be a Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA).
Technical skills requirements:
- Proven work experience as an Assistant Audit Manager – 7 years post ICAN with 5 years in a Similar capacity
- Experienced in:
- Advisory services,
- Taxation – Corporate & Personal,
- Audit Assurance
- Thorough knowledge of current external auditing techniques, auditing practices and relevant regulations
- Experience of the entire audit process
- Good knowledge of accounting standards (e.g. GAAP, IFRS)
- Understanding of risk-based auditing and risk and control strategies
- Understanding of Quality & Risk Management procedures
- Compliance with and understanding of regulatory requirements
Additional skills requirements:
- Track record of coordinating and leading audit teams
- Experience in data analysis and financial reporting
- Track record for writing tenders –
- Audit/Advisory/Tax/Training/Payroll Management etc.