Recruitment for Financial Accountant at Carlcare Development Nigeria Limited
Carlcare Development Nigeria Limited, a subsidiary of Transsion Holdings formerly known as TECNO Telecom Limited, established in July 2006, is a high-tech company specializing in the R&D, production, sale and service of mobile communication products.
After years of development, Carlcare Development has become an important part of the mobile phone industry and one of the major mobile phone manufacturers in the world. Currently, it has full ownership of three famous mobile phone brands TECNO, itel and Infinix, and an after-sales service brand Carlcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Accountant
- We are looking for an experienced Financial Accountant with at least 5 years of related experience.
- This individual must be familiar with local accounting and tax policies.
- Under limited supervision, plan, organize, coordinate, and supervise staff engaged in various financial activities of the organisation and resolve financial system issues.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts, subsidiary ledgers, and prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation.
- Perform cost analysis and recommend process improvements for cost-effectiveness.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures.
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns, handle tax changes, annual inspection and daily tax responsibilities.
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Conduct local accounting tax, report payment of tax as at when due.
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Processes expense retirement ledgers to ensure proper accountability of all cash advances
- Creates and maintains records of cash requests and disbursements
- Reconciles all received cash, which have been recorded in the petty cash book, with expenses
- Keeps records of amounts received and paid, and regularly checking the cash balance against this record
- Collects money from bank for safe keeping before reimbursements
- Files all documents concerning cash payment and collection
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Accounting, Finance, or any related field.
- Relevant professional certifications such as ACA, ACCA is an added advantage.
- Experience working with a reputable or multinational company preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar role
- Not more than 35 years of age by December 2020
- Knowledge of SAP or any accounting ERP System is an added advantage.
- Familiar with local accounting and tax policies and have practical experience
Competences and Attributes:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, set priorities and work on multiple requests with minimal supervision
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a challenging, fast-paced, and growth environment with minimal supervision.
- Must be detail-oriented and well-organized.