Work at Freedom Foundation
Freedom Foundation is an NGO working to rehabilitate, educate and empower persons who abuse drugs or who have been victims of sexual abuse/violence or trafficked.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Residential Support Officer / Chaplain
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a supportive and encouraging environment for HOR clients
- Encourage clients to take responsibility for their current situation and to make good choices for the future.
- Be a positive role model and help clients to abide by the house requirements.
- Ensure that the basic housekeeping functions are carried out.
- Supervise other developmental and support activities carried out to aid clients’ recovery.
- Oversee pastoral support team staff and crisis officers
- Ensures the smooth day to day implementation of program activities
- Provide regular reporting to the concerned authority as required.
- The Residential Support Officer is directly responsible to the Program Manager for the day to day operation of the program.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Health or Social Sciences. In lieu of this, extensive experience in a similar role will be considered.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in mental health setting providing mentorship and pastoral care will be an added advantage.
- Must be a Christian/leader with active participation in a local church (reference checks will be carried out).
- A certification or training in pastoral care or Bible school would be an advantage.