Andela Nigeria Latest Job Opening
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Africa People Operations
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- This is anything but your standard “HR Operations” role. You’ll be the leader and guardian of our Andelans. From performance and productivity, community to culture, this is a challenging role with high expectations.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of meaningful experience in an HR operations leadership role in a challenging and changing environment. Your knowledge and experience are both broad and deep from employment law and best practices to talent management. Experience with design and implementation of a shared service model preferred.
- Key contributor to the functionality of core people systems: BambooHR, Small Improvements and leverage our HR Systems to reduce administrative burden and improve people data integrity;
- Directs fulfillment and maintenance of team’s regulatory reporting, compliance programs and records retention;
- Develop effective training, support tools, and communication to support the implementation of processes, policies and programs;
- Responsible for project planning from conception to delivery of key people operations initiatives. Including; determining and documenting business requirements, streamlining and improving current processes and presenting new programs to relevant stakeholders as appropriate;.
- Lead a team of HR specialists who are responsible for HR operations, payroll, benefits, and HR tools, policies, processes across 6 countries;
- Create visibility into the impact of the Africa People Ops function, initiatives and progress.
- Strong track record of problem solving and leveraging data to inform decisions;
- Extensive experience and familiarity working across East and West Africa;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to communicate complex thoughts and strategies with simple, actionable recommendations;
- 9+ years relevant experience;
- Highly collaborative and enjoys working cross-functionally;
- Meaningful experience in a global role and comfortable working in a high growth, fast paced environment;
- Ability to prioritize and succeed in a highly ambiguous environment with competing demands;.
- Comfortable negotiating and managing expectations, influencing up, challenging thoughtfully;
- Expert in leveraging Human Resources Information Systems to achieve growth at scale while providing a great experience to employees;
- Exercise sound judgment and discretion, exceptional ethical leadership;
- Detail orientation with excellent organizational, prioritization skills.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.