Institute Bursar at the Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies
The Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies is Nigeria’s apex Institution for research and advanced studies in law. It was a brainchild of the legal academic community established in March 1979. One of the main ideas in founding the Institute was to establish it as the centre for advanced legal research for all the Nigerian universities with Faculties of Law, so that all postgraduate work could be undertaken there under the joint auspices of the most experienced and learned academic lawyers available in the country, whether indigenous or foreign.
The Governing Council of the Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies hereby announces the process of filling the vacant position in the Institute. Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified candidate who meet the criteria as stated below:
Job Title: Institute Bursar
Job Type: Full time
- The Bursar shall be responsible to the Director General for the day to day administration and control of the financial affairs of the Institute.
Qualification and Qualities
Candidate for the position of the Institute Bursar must have:
- A minimum of second class Degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognized University with at least 15 (Fifteen) post qualification cognate experience in a University, Research Institute or similar institution; Or
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration or Finance with at least 13 years post qualification cognate experience in a University, Research Institute or similar institution and
- Full professional qualification of a recognized accounting body such as Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA); Institute of Chartered Accounts (ICAN) and Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN)
- Candidate must be familiar with accounting software
Tenure & Salary
- The position of Institute Bursar is for single term of 5 (Five) years.
- The salary of the Institute Bursar is equivalent to the consolidated salary as obtained in the case of a Bursary in a Nigerien Federal University.
Application Closing Date
2nd April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send 10 copies of their typewritten Application and detailed CV, photocopies of their Credentials to the address below:
The Director – General,
Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies,
Supreme Court Complex,
Three Arms Zone,
Note: Applicants should give names of Three (3) referees; at least Two (2) should be competent to attest to the candidates’s professional / academic standing and character. Candidates should request their referees to send their confidential report direct to the address above.