Account Officer at Baobab Microfinance Bank
Baobab is an investment company whose mission is to create a group of leading microfinance banks and finance companies in at least 15 countries by 2015 that will provide financial services and savings products to entrepreneurs who lack access to the traditional financial sector. Baobab was created in July 2005 by PlaNet Finance, and other investors including International Finance Corporation, AXA Belgium, and Societe Generale, with the European Investment Bank, the French Development Agency and Developing World Markets Joining later.
We are recruiting to fill the available position below:
Job Title: Account Officer
Reporting line: Head of Finance
- An accounts officer manages the financial bookkeeping of a business or organization.
- Processes invoices, records payments, and track expenses of the organization.
- Supervises other staff members who assist with the bookkeeping duties.
- Attention to detail is paramount.
- Each expense must be cross-checked with the corresponding invoice, to ensure that the billing is accurate.
- Communicating with customers is a regular duty of this job.
- Sends bills to customers; processes refunds; interacts with collection agencies on past-due accounts; and, works to resolve billing disputes.
- Create and monitor internal auditing procedures and to solve problem when accounting numbers are not in sync
- Any other function as assigned by Management
Qualification and requirements
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or other related fields.
- Minimum 1-3 years auditing experience in a microfinance institution or a bank.
- Have experience in financial reporting.
- Solid knowledge of Financial Accounting and Proficient use of Google App
- Fluent English.