Automation Engineer (Retail) at Smartflow Technologies Limited
Smartflow Technologies Limited is Nigeria’s foremost Flow and Level Automation company, delivering premium and yet cost-effective solutions to clients with unparalleled professionalism and skill. In addition to being an engineering focused organization, Smartflow Technologies is involved in the supply, installation and support of fuelling systems and equipment, including but not limited to Pumps and Dispensers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Automation Engineer (Retail)
Purpose of the role
- You will be responsible for carrying out preliminary surveys, creating, installing, troubleshooting, and maintenance of the various devices within the retail automation department of Smartflow as introduced to you by your team lead.
- You will be required to go to site and carry out this functions draft up reports and relay information back to your team lead and the company via our various communication channels.
- This role will report to the engineering manager.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Design, program, simulate, test and install automation systems as specified by the company to meet the clients’ expectations.
- Manage workload to ensure each tasks are completed within timeframe.
- Coordinate with your team lead and ensure that all the materials needed to perform your job are available for your use.
- Conduct site surveys, prepare comprehensive and actionable site survey reports.
- Ensure you strictly comply with the organizational policies as set by the top managers.
- Deliver reports to your team lead after each task and duties assigned to you.
- Update the communication channels appropriately on ongoing task progress and matters as they arise.
- Follow up the laid up documentations, manuals and processes for carrying your duties
- Participate in retail automation meetings
- Propose process improvements and ideas.
- Ensure your tools are well maintained and complete at all times.
- Interface with developers and OEMs in executing projects.
- Participate in designing of panels in conjunction with the workshop department.
- Ensure compliance of quality processes and standards
- Respond to customer call outs, as assigned by engineering manager or his/her delegate
- Ensure you follow all the safety requirements provided by our safety personnel or the clients safety personnel
- Report all incidents (near -misses and accidents) on-site.
- Any other task as may be assigned to you by the engineering manager
- B.Eng. or HND in Engineering / Physics
- Must not be more than 28 years
- Must be skilled in AutoCAD & Technical abilities
- Experienced in Electrical Installations and Electronics
- Field Exposure preferably Oil & Gas field