Finance Operations Manager at the Confederation of African Football (CAF)
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Operations Manager
- Finance Operations Manager who can contribute to CAF’s overall success by managing the overall cycle of CAF Payments transactions, working closely with the Finance Director by reviewing and controlling all financial and administrative processes before payments operations and acting as a key holder between CAF Finance Department and all other CAF Departments.
This position should contribute to CAF’s overall success by handling the following duties:
- Receive and manage all correspondences, invoices, and documents and direct them to the relevant staff for implementation
- Receive from all departments all payments requirements to prepare transfers to all required audiences
- Follow the transfers with the banks to ensure payments and inform recipients
- Internal Control of all the accounting cycle before and after processing
- Efficiently and timely respond to all communications of third parties and other internal parties, on payments or queries on their status
- Smoothly handle issues in line with CAF’s Internal Regulations and in complete adherence to Internal Audit and Compliance instructions and Guidelines
- Manage the overall electronic and hard copy functional Filing/Archiving system adequately, with all supporting documents, copies, and approvals
- Manage an adequate review system and control on all methods of payments prior to actual implementation
- Work closely with other internal and external parties to ensure proper review and control of all financial and administrative processes before payments
- Manage daily journal entries on the system (Ensure the recording of all payments’ transactions on Financial Operating System)
- Prepare monthly financial reports on monthly payments and do monthly comparison analysis
- Handle External and Internal Auditors requirements
- Follow up with the procurement system and maintain documentation and follow up with Services Department and the General Secretary’s Office
- Support the Treasury Manager with bank transfers and needed documentations and provide monthly bank statements
- Efficiently manage a team of accountants.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, and/or Finance
- Master’s Degree or CPA or Accounting equivalent preferred
- 10 to 15 years of managerial experience in similar functions
- Experience in using of EDP accounting applications and ERP systems
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, French, and Arabic
- Capable of adapting to different environments, flexible, patient, and resilient
- Strong sense of accountability, responsibility, and integrity
- Organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines
- Managerial skills
- Decision Maker
- Ability to perform under pressure and meeting strict deadlines.
Application Closing Date
15th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only applications matching the requirements listed above will be considered