Growth in Value Alliance (GVA) Partners is Currently Recruiting
Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners – Our client, a Financial Company is looking to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Developer-Female
- The application developer role is a technology focused role intended to provide software development and analysis services to the institution.
- The role would suit someone with proven experience building production, commercial-quality web based applications (in C# 3.0, JAVA and above) that also has proven in depth SQL-Server development experience.
- Applicants must be comfortable with advanced SQL syntax, SQL Server Business Intelligence development and SQL Server (Oracle experience is highly desirable).
- The candidate needs to be flexible and open to new ideas or change with the passion and drive to excel in their career.
- He must be self-directed, organized, and extremely attentive to details.
- Must also recognize the value of agile, iterative development processes, SDLC and have strong OOD and OOA skills.
Responsibilities / Competencies
The Application Developer will be expected to have aptitudes, skills, knowledge and experience on the following areas:
- Demonstrable analytical skills with regard to specifying and detailing business processes and requirements.
- Delivery experience with .NET framework, including C#, ADO.NET, LINQ and ASP.NET.
- 2-4 years delivery experience with Java.
- Extensive experience with SQL Server (2005/2008/2012).
- Extensive experience in the use of Oracle Database.
- Experience with SQL data business intelligence (OLAP, etcЕ) preferred
- Practical experience in Agile development methodologies
- Ability to work both in a collaborative team environment and independently.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with implementation and testing of DB backups, restores and recovery models.
- Database server deployment design, processes, and day-to-day operations, including monitoring and Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Formulation, management and execution of data test strategies, plans and delivery commitments in concert with business and project management efforts.
- Mobile and web service development experience
- Experience with ticketing systems (e.g.; JIRA, Bugzilla) and managed workflows
- Experience with SharePoint 2010 and above preferred
- Strong familiarity with source control systems (e.g. Team Suite)
- The Application Developer will often be challenged with new problems to which they will need to rely on strong problem-solving skills to resolve.
- The ability to accurately identify the cause of a system/application malfunction, interpret that to management and their colleagues, document and propose resolutions
- Fully understand structured methodologies (e.g. Agile) for using programming code to solve business problems
- Ensure all changes and implementations are well tested and managed in a controlled manner with full rollback plans
- Correctly identify when assistance is required and request it accordingly
- Collaborate with the wider team in matters where their support is required.
- People Management and Development
The post holder will need to show evidence of the following:
- The ability to work well within a team and as part of a larger overall technology team
- They should display strong collaborative characteristics
Experience and Qualifications
Ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S / B.A), Computer Science or similar.
- 2 years delivery experience with Java, ASP.NET and/or PHP.
- Extensive experience with Oracle database.