Procurement Manager Wanted at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Requisition No.: PROCU01981
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Programs
- Creative Associates seeks a Procurement Manager for an upcoming education project in Nigeria, which seeks to improve student access to school and literacy outcomes in a language they use and understand in Grades 1-3 in select areas of Nigeria, equitably and sustainably.
- The Procurement Manager will be responsible for managing a team of Procurement Officers and overseeing the Contract’s overall procurement processes, ensuring the procurements of goods and services are in line with the budget and projection, and providing regular procurement mentoring to project staff to support project implementation.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This Procurement Manager will report to the Operations Manager.
- Manage and oversee the procurement team and support the Chief of Party (COP), Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), and technical teams in procurement needs;
- Approve procurement requests and ensure procurement files, including solicitations, proposals, evaluations, award documents, official contracts and correspondence on all procurements, are in line with USAID and Creative policies and local law;
- Provide support to the DCOP in programmatic, strategic development and quality control duties; and liaise with USAID and government stakeholders to respond to their informational, data and monitoring requirements;
- Develop and deliver reports and written documentation related to technical activities to be reported to USAID, including weekly, quarterly and annual reports, and all relevant project deliverables;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in related field preferred;
- At least five (5) years of relevant work experience, including at least three (3) years of experience managing and supervising a team;
- Experience working on USAID or similar internationally funded programs;
- Experience in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Strong knowledge of donor procurement rules and regulations;
- Strong ability to use and develop management and tracking systems;
- Strong communication skills;
- Oral and written working proficiency in English;
- Ability to work under pressure in challenging working and living conditions; and
- Ability to travel internationally or domestically upon short notice.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Position contingent upon donor funding.