HR & Admin Officer Wanted at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR & Admin Officer
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Start date: As Soon As Possible
Direct Line Manager: Human Resources Manager
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1 – Ensure employee information is accurately and completely managed in a timely manner:
- Ensure that all employment contracts and contract renewals are received, signed and filed in a timely manner
- Liaise with the HR Officer in Abuja to provide all information and documentation needed to ensure the timely processing of the monthly payroll
- Maintain all base personnel files, ensuring that all documents are collected and filed completely and accurately in the base and copies sent to Abuja
- Create and maintain a database of all staff information, documents, expiration dates, etc.
- Collect and submit the necessary documents for employee insurance enrollment and updating and ensure that staff has up-to-date insurance cards.
- Provide administrative support for pension and salary account openings or changes.
- Maintain all ACF communication boards as directed by the capital HR department
- Receive and track employee leaves and ensure that all necessary supporting documentation is sent to Abuja
- Ensure that all timesheets and payslips are received completed and sent to Abuja on a monthly basis
Objective 2 – Support in various aspects of the training and development of staff:
- Ensure that all staff receive proper induction and briefing with HR and the relevant departments
- Facilitate staff training on HR policy and procedure as assigned.
- In liaison with logistics, manage the practical organization of training as requested
- Follow up with managers to ensure that staff performance appraisals are received on time
- Participate in the research and identification of training opportunities for staff.
- Carrying out Training Assessment in coordination with L&D Manager
- Tracking Staff training
- Setting up HR-related training (Venue booking, facilitation and feeding coordination)
- Compile monthly training report and communicating to Capital office
Objective 3 – Supervise and manage all staff under your responsibility, and ensure the proper management of the international staff guesthouse and all visitors:
- Provide day-to-day management of staff directly under his/her responsibility
- Set objectives with staff under his/her direct management, and appraise their performance in accordance with ACF performance management policies, identifying areas where they require support and capacity building
- Ensure that all HR policies and procedures are followed for staff directly under his/her responsibility
- Liaise with logistics and finance to prepare and execute weekly and monthly shopping according to the needs of the office and guesthouse and internal procedures
- Provide suggestions for improvement in the office and guesthouse management
- Liaise with logistics to ensure that the guesthouse is running effectively
- Arrange the guesthouse or book hotel rooms, to accommodate all visitors as needed
Objective 4 – Provide overall support to the HR Department:
- Support in the implementation and application of the HR policy in the base and provide advice and support to employees and managers
- Supporting Resourcing Officer and covering for her whenever required with the support of the HR Manager.
- Participate in elaborating projects related to national HR functioning
- Overseeing social events within the organization
- Assist in the circulation of HR department communications
Internal & External Relationship
- Head of Base: Line management, exchange of information, reporting, collaboration, coordination
- HR Coordinator: advisory role, exchange of information, reporting, collaboration, coordination
- Logistics, Administration and Finance Departments: collaboration, coordination, and exchange of information
- Abuja and field-based HR team: collaboration, coordination, and exchange of information
- Cook and Cleaner: Line manager
- Suppliers (newspaper advertising, etc.)
- Pension providers, bank representatives Job applicants and inquiries, HMO provide
- Master’s degree in fields related to HR, Administration and Management preferred; Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience also acceptable.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in HR and/or administrative support positions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment
- Computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, a strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis, and reporting of large amounts of information
- Previous experience working for INGOs an asset, particularly health-related INGOs
- Fluency in one or more National / regional languages an asset
- Understanding of national labor law and employment norms / practices
Minimum Basic Salary
N236,585 per month
Application Closing Date
Thursday, 26th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.