Protection Data Administrator at the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protection Data Administrator
- The Protection Data Administrator works under the direct supervision of the Data Manager, and provides support to the Protection activities, by ensuring a proper processing and management of data related to Re-establishment of Family Links (RFL) by the ICRC in Nigeria.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Administration of the Prot6 case-management tool with regard to the caseload assigned.
- Management of individual data resulting from RFL activities in Nigeria and neighbouring countries, mainly through the ICRC database (PROT6)
- Consolidation of Monthly RFL statistics from the field ensuring they are submitted in a timely manner.
- Follow-up of emails received in the Tracing Services (STM) & ensuring their update
- Verifies and inputs data related to RFL activities (in the Prot6 database), in a timely and accurate manner in line with the data updating procedures.
- Analyses data, makes necessary controls and corrections in conjunction with the Data Manager
- Organizes and follows up the filing arrangements of general tracing individual files, including the re-arranging of the contents of the filing cabinets when it is necessary.
- Assists in the cleaning up and merging of the closed individual cases received from the field or followed by other delegations.
- Keeps track of all individual files taken out and ensures that filing rules and procedures in this matter are applied.
Education and Experience
- University degree in IT, DB Operation or Accounting
- 2 years’ work experience in a similar field
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; (knowledge of Hausa and French is an asset)
- Good computer skills: knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (knowledge of Query Builder and Report Builder an asset).
- Good knowledge of Nigerian geography
- Good knowledge of tracing procedures
- Methodical person
- Meticulous and with attention to details
- Capacity to work in a team
- Good inter-personal skills: ability to deal with people respectfully and showing empathy towards others
- Committed and able to work under minimal supervision or independently as required.
- Able to work under pressure; flexible and open to extra working hours if necessary.
- Capacity to learn and to adapt to new work methods & technologies
- Discreet and self-controlled
Application Closing Date
16.30h, 27th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org clearly indicate “ABJ202000136 Protection Data Admin ABJ” as subject of their application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated).
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.