Research and Development Manager Wanted at Dangote Group
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research and Development Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Organization: NASCON Allied Industries Plc.
Employment Type: Full-time
- The R&D Manager is responsible for designing and developing new products and driving innovation to enhance existing products according to NASCON product roadmap.
- Generation of strategies that grow market share and brand’s reputation as well as contribute to the sustainability of the business.
- Responsible for developing new products and driving innovation to enhance existing product.
- Maximizes product profitability and improve product performances.
- Assures competitiveness and innovation of products and processes from a technological and design standpoint.
- Complies with all relevant and required regulations/ norms/standards.
- Cooperates closely with product managers to assure customer focus and target costing; co-develops product roadmaps.
- Coordinate with product development managers in defining the right allocation of the resources.
- Conduct market surveys and analyze the report.
- Deploy strategies in testing and assessing the product’s acceptability.
- Keeps abreast of current trends, practices, development and regulatory changes that would impact product or formulation.
Qualification / Experience
- B.Sc Degree, or M.sc degree in, Food Science, Food Technology, Food Chemistry or equivalent degree.
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ cognate experience in Research & Development within the food industry.
- Experience with retail or food science manufacturer.
- Extensive experience in working directly with manufacturing facilities.
- Relevant professional certification in Food Science is an added advantage.
- Strong intellectual and analytical skills
- Excellent influencing and communication skills
- Use of initiative and confident decision making
- Time management – priority setting
- Project management skill
- Strong Analytical skills
- Planning, Scheduling, Controlling & Coordinating
- Problem Solving & Analysis
- Proficiency in the use of basic Microsoft Office Suite Applications.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: NASCONcareers@dangote.com with the relevant position included in the subject line of your email