Chief Financial Officer – Manufacturing at Myrtle Management Consultants Limited
Myrtle Management Consultants Limited – Our client is a Recycling and Commodity Trading company. They trade, recycle and export various metals – Lead, Aluminium, Steel, etc. Their core is the exporting of Lead Plates.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer – Manufacturing
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Strategy, Planning, and Management:
- Act as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to the senior executive leadership team.
- Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the organization about long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plans of the organization.
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information. Evaluate departments and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Communicate, engage and interact with the Board of Directors, CEO, COO, and Executive Leadership Team.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Select and engage consultants, auditors, and investors.
- Recruit, interview and hire finance, accounting, and payroll staff as required.
- Serve as a key member of the executive leadership team and round table discussion panel.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Interact with and bring the department into line with the Board of Directors’ plans, initiatives, and recommendations.
- Implement policies, procedures, and processes as deemed appropriate by the senior leadership team.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting, and Forecasting:
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Develop and maintain the monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Manage the financial planning and analysis department. Supervise the creation of reports, software implementation, and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Participate in weekly conference calls with Lenders, Vendors and Executive Leadership Team.
- Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations:
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
- Review and ensure the application of appropriate internal controls, compliance, and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for federal funders, foundations, investors and the company’s board of directors.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Ensure compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure appropriate legal compliance.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Hire, develop and manage accounting directors, managers and staff
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Coordinate and strategize methods used to attain team goals with Chief Accounting Officer and Regional Controllers.
- Manage the cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments, and asset management area.
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
Financial Relations and Policies:
- Engage finance committee and / or board of directors to develop short term and long term plans, projections and budgets.
- Represent the company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors, and officials.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations.
Finance and Accounting Team Management:
- Mentor and develop a team of 10 senior managers and/or directors, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic.
- Guide larger, cross-divisional teams outside of direct span of control within the three main company divisions.
- Oversee weekly cash management and AP Department, approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs
- Supervise Accounts Receivable management and provide guidance relating to the collection process
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and MBA is required
- CPA Required
- In-depth experience in the manufacturing industry is very critical
- Background in Big 4 Public Accounting
- 6 years minimum experience as a CFO in a large ($500 million+), publicly traded corporation.
- 14+ years of total accounting or finance experience
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS, SOX compliance and SEC reporting.
- Background coordinating with I.T. staff to manage and/or upgrade the accounting system. Systems implementation experience strongly preferred.
- “Hands-On” ERP Systems Experience – SAP, JD Edwards or PeopleSoft experience preferred
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence, and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
- Strong systems, process, and best practices experience.
- Well organized and self-directed.
- Financial planning and strategy
- Managing profitability
- Strategic planning and vision
- Quality management
- Promotion of process improvement
- Corporate finance
- Budget development
Application Closing Date
15th April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online