Education Technical Assistant at Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Education Technical Assistant
Webcruiter ID: 4208562777
Location: Pulka, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Percentage of full-time: 100
Reports To: Education Officer
- NRC is looking for an Education Technical Assistant for our field office in Pulka, Borno State in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Education Technical Assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the education program.
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country.
- NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja.
- NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts daily site visits to ensure site facilitators are present through taking attendance, and making sure daily/set tasks are achieved
- Monitor and review the overall commodity movements such as project deliveries, storage, transport and distribution at the site and verify if the amounts received, distributed and losses have been properly recorded.
- Supervise the distribution of project supplies at the project sites and ensure proper distribution of entitlements and verify appropriate entitlements are distributed to beneficiaries
- Reviews document and processes which authorize distribution. Ensure that an approved procedure is followed in the registration and selection of beneficiaries and ensures that distribution list is accurately consolidated
- Fills Warehouse Management and distribution inspection checklist for the school stores visited and distributions attended.
- Liaises with concerned government education offices for smooth and efficient programming.
- Ensure timely supply of teaching-learning and recreational materials in the schools
- Support teachers and children to initiate activities in learning centers that meet the psycho-social needs of the displaced children and teachers.
- In consultation with the Project officer and teachers facilitate the running of sports/recreational and psycho-social activities in learning centers
- Lead in mobilization and sensitization of community members on the importance of education in collaboration with PTAs, local administration and the Ministry of education.
- Lead education campaigns including developing advocacy messages for different events.
- Carry out registration of learners in established communities and learning spaces in collaboration with local leaders, teachers, and PTAs.
- Assist the teachers in their work and report all protection related concerns
- Other relevant tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensure schools and learning spaces NRC is working are safe for children. Protect Children and all the project beneficiaries against any form of exploitation. The PA is expected to adhere to NRC CoC and always be on the forefront in issues related to PSEA and child safeguarding
- Ensure Complains response mechanism is in place in schools and persons of concern receive feedback.
- University degree in a related field
- At least 1 year experience in similar positions
- Education degree or similar field
- Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience
- Experience in budget management
- Experience working with the community at the grass-root level
- Experience working in Ministry of Education system is preferred
- High-level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Handling an insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
We Can Offer
- Commencement: March 2020
- Duration: 10 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions. Grade level 4, Step 1
- Duty station: Pulka with occasional travels. Travel outside Pulka is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
Application Closing Date
25th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This job is for Nigeria nationals only.