Network Administrator at Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) PLC
Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Administrator
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- To design, install and support IBEDC’s computer and communication systems
- To design and install LANs, WANs, Internet and intranet systems, and network segment
- Manages the network infrastructure environment across the organization.
- Installs and supports LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems for a robust information and communication networks.
- Installs and maintains network hardware and software
- Evaluates, diagnoses and troubleshoots complex hardware/software issues.
- Determine network and system requirements
- Designs and deploys new network solutions.
- Maintain stock records for network equipment.
- Identifies user needs and ensures network availability – Ensure Network Capacity and Availability Needs are met.
- Evaluates and modifies system’s performance – Network Performance Monitoring and analysis, system load/stress testing, and vendor management.
- Maintains the integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Ensures network connectivity throughout IBEDC’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is at par with technical considerations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Professional qualification in one of the following Is required: MCP, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, etc.
- At least 5+ years’ experience in IT with a specific focus on architecture development, infrastructure architecture domain, etc.
Functional Competence Requirements:
- Knowledge of JunOS, Cisco IOS software upgrades/patch management best practices in an Enterprise environment
- Demonstrated ability to apply network management to the entire infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to apply detail documentation to ensure service levels are maintained
- Clear knowledge and understanding of infrastructure architecture reference framework and standards
- Capable of working across a broad range of technical domains
- Good knowledge in the following applications & technology – Infrastructure architecture Modelling and Management tools, ERPs and Microsoft technologies, Infrastructure technologies.
Application Closing Date
25th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, click on “Click Here to See Vacancies” and select “Network Administrator” to apply accordingly.