Admin Assistant at Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- To provide support to sound administrative, office and logistics support to the Maiduguri office in line with policies of Plan International.
- The role will contribute to effective office management including support to store management, inventory / asset management and supervision of janitorial services.
- The incumbent will employ the use of general office practices and administrative procedures to carry out assigned tasks.
Dimension of Role
- Implementation of administrative processes, protocols and systems for the Maiduguri Office.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for staff
- Supervision of Office Assistants / cleaners.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
- Supports in maintenance of general office systems including filing; sending, receiving and distributing documents; and’ photocopying/Scanning.
- Coordinate and prepare mailings, including production, photocopying, assembling, posting and courier/shipping.
- Sends out RFQ to pre-qualified and solicited vendors
- Support program activities in the Maiduguri office where necessary in terms of getting vendors and ensuring venues are ready for activities
- Keep and maintain store records and materials to ensure prompt supply of materials to staff for the effective discharge of their work without any disruptions of work-flow
- Use systems and processes to assure smooth and timely flow of work.
- Assist with organization of meetings and special events.
- Maintain good and professional relationship with relevant vendors and visitors to the Maiduguri Office
- Knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures.
- Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
- Ensure the regular price survey is carried out twice a year while interfacing with Admin and the M&E team for the training of the enumerators.
- Ensure that the Maiduguri office is tidy at all times through effective supervision of the cleaners
- Receives and signs for fixed asset items and maintains physical inventory
- Generates purchase requisition- PR creation and maintenance in SAP for the Admin team and ensure the PR is properly filled.
- Responsible for posting good receipt in SAP supported by a delivery note
- Perform additional and miscellaneous job-related duties for the office as assigned by manager.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- A BA / BSc or HND in related Business Administration or related field.
- At least 2 years practical work experience in supporting administrative systems in a similar organization
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook a must
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem solving skills
- Good research skills and attention to detail.
Application Closing Date
3rd April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online