Finance Officer at Society for Family Health (SFH)
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Ref Id: sfh-39724
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Department: Finance & Accounts
Contract Duration: 6 months (Renewable)
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation for the assigned banks.
- Ensure correct postings on SAP by using the proper cost assignments
- Prepare donor financial reports.
- Ensure prompt and correct payment to field workers, consultants, vendors and project staff.
- Prepare monthly burn rate and management account report analysis.
- Maintain, organise and file documents for the project.
- Review field positing for accuracy and stepping down funds for field activities.
- Admin and other job functions that may be assigned by the line manager.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a first degree in Accounting.
- Must have two (2) years of experience in accounting and finance.
- Registration with a professional body (ACA or ACCA) or any other related professional body will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Finance and Accounting policies.
Skills and competency required:
- Ability to analyse financial matters, resolve issues promptly and accurately.
- Excellent communication and proper documentation skills.
- Must have a continuous drive for learning and knowledge sharing.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency using intermediate-level office software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, spreadsheets and database.
- Hands-on experience using an ERP (SAP) or financial management MIS will an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online