General Manager at Promasidor Nigeria
Promasidor is an African beverage and food-products powerhouse that caters to 850-million people. Motivated, dynamic, and progressive, Promasidor is a shining example of exactly how much can be achieved on this great continent.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: General Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Ikun Dairy Farm general manager is responsible for the financial and physical performance of the farm and as such must be highly skilled in all aspects of the farm business.
- In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for implementing the short and long-term business plans, drive the business and work with the team to ensure success. The incumbent will also be required to optimize the farm performance.
- Work with the Board and committee of management to develop & implement the 5-year Business Plan and annual budget.
- Develop policies, procedures and operational documents to ensure the smooth operations of the farm.
- Monitor seasonal expenditure in line with the budgeted cash flow.
- Liaise with key stakeholders including farm manager, veterinary nurse, community and contractors to ensure smooth operation of the farm.
- Develop, review and manage repairs and maintenance schedule for all plant, machinery and infrastructure
- Provide periodical reports on farm activities.
- Ensure all relevant company policies are understood and adhered to.
- Ensure company products are presented for sale in line with company policy regarding, quality, quantity and timeliness of delivery and are marketed in accordance with the company marketing policies.
- Recruit and select staff.
- Supervise day-to-day activity, organize rosters and schedule tasks/activities that need to be undertaken.
- Provide training/coaching to staff to enable them to competently carry out tasks required of them on farm.
- Conduct an annual review of staff performance (at least once a year for all on-farm staff)
- Maintain employment records.
- Ensure that health and safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to
- Review, implement and improved health and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure new staff are inducted and aware of company policies and are given role clarity.
- Manage the farm within consent conditions and ensure bio-security is implemented.
- Work within best practice environmental guidelines.
- Ensure any development work is undertaken with appropriate regulatory consents.
- Develop, review and implement animal health programme to maintain good health.
- Develop and manage the breeding programme to ensure calving rate targets are achieved.
- Develop milking plan and ensure milk production targets are met in a sustainable manner
- Ensure agreed stock policy is adhered to.
- Ensure all herd/flock records are maintained.
- Adhere to all relevant animal welfare policies.
- Feed Production Management
- Develop, review and implement arable farm plan and ensure crop and cultivation targets are met
- Plan and allocate feed using feed budgeting techniques to achieve production targets.
- Source required supplements to achieve production targets.
- Develop and implement an annual nutrient management plan in conjunction with the fertilizer.
- Supplier’s representative.
- Develop and implement cropping and regressing programme.
- Manage weeds and pests to maintain pasture and crops.
- Bachelor’s degree in agricultural science/management
- Have a proven ability in the management of a farm with the size and complexity of this position;
- Have the necessary planning and organizational skills to achieve targets and carry out organization policies;
- Have the ability to act with tact and diplomacy in motivating and disciplining staff
- Be able to provide role clarity and ensure teamwork amongst staff;
- Be self-motivated and able to communicate effectively at all levels both within and outside the organization;
- Work actively as a leader in developing and achieving organization objectives;
- Promote and practice a positive attitude towards the organization and its objectives;
- You will be receptive to learning new technologies to help improve productivity and profitability of the farm.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Business and Asset Management
- Quality Compliance and Controls
- Farm Management
- Leadership & People Management
- Problem Solving and Innovation